Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Public health needs assessments of Tutuila Island, American Samoa, after the 2009 tsunamiEkta Choudhary
Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 6:209-16. 2012..An initial and a follow-up Community Needs Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) objectively quantified disaster-affected population needs...
- Evaluation of active mortality surveillance system data for monitoring hurricane-related deaths-Texas, 2008Ekta Choudhary
Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 27:392-7. 2012..This surveillance system used established guidelines and case definitions to categorize deaths as directly, indirectly, and possibly related to Hurricane Ike...
- Epidemiological characteristics of male sexual assault in a criminological databaseEkta Choudhary
Injury Control Research Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA
J Interpers Violence 27:523-46. 2012..Despite some limitations, results from this study suggest that NIBRS data may provide a important complement to survey data for understanding breadth and consequences of male sexual assault...
- Adverse health outcomes, perpetrator characteristics, and sexual violence victimization among U.S. adult malesEkta Choudhary
Injury Control Research Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, USA
J Interpers Violence 25:1523-41. 2010..The current study extends knowledge of consequences of male sexual violence by considering characteristics of sexual assault and by identifying associations between victimization and a broad range of health indicators...
- Depression, anxiety, and symptom profiles among female and male victims of sexual violenceEkta Choudhary
West Virginia University Injury Control Research Center, Morgantown, USA
Am J Mens Health 6:28-36. 2012..This study also serves as an example of an analytic approach that addresses a public health priority area by drawing on data from multiple topic-specific BRFSS modules...
- Gender and time differences in the associations between sexual violence victimization, health outcomes, and risk behaviorsEkta Choudhary
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Am J Mens Health 2:254-9. 2008..The broad range of outcomes associated with victimization suggests that further research is needed to better understand the consequences associated with sexual violence across the lifespan...
- Exertional heat-related illnesses at the Grand Canyon National Park, 2004-2009Rebecca S Noe
Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Chamblee, GA Commander Noe, Dr Choudhary, and Ms Wolkin Electronic address
Wilderness Environ Med 24:422-8. 2013..Given the high visitation and the public health interest in the effects of extreme heat, this study calculated morbidity rates and described heat-related illness (HRI) among visitors...