Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Evaluation of variance estimators for the concentration and health achievement indices: a Monte Carlo simulationZhuo Chen
Office of the Associate Director for Policy, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Health Econ 21:1375-81. 2012..1 and is modest when the CI > 0.1. Published 2011. This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA...
- The role of geographic scale in testing the income inequality hypothesis as an explanation of health disparitiesZhuo Chen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS E33, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Soc Sci Med 75:1022-31. 2012..The role of geographic scale should be more rigorously considered in social determinants of health research...
- Beefing up with the Chans: evidence for the effects of relative income and income inequality on health from the China Health and Nutrition SurveyZhuo Chen
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, United States
Soc Sci Med 66:2206-17. 2008..Hence, the present study provides evidence supporting the hypothesis that relative income and income inequality affect obesity and hypertension, but no evidence that the effects on hypertension operated through effects on obesity...
- Factors associated with differences in mortality and self-reported health across states in the United StatesZhuo Chen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Health Policy 94:203-10. 2010....
- Examining the role of gender in career advancement at the Centers for Disease Control and PreventionZhuo Chen
Office of Workforce and Career Development, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 100:426-34. 2010..g., higher educational levels and more federal work experience). However, a substantial gap in promotion that cannot be explained by such characteristics has persisted, indicating continuing barriers in women's career advancement...
- Calculating concentration index with repetitive values of indicators of economic welfareZhuo Chen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Workforce and Career Development, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS E94, Atlanta, GA 30333, United States
J Health Econ 28:169-75. 2009..Journal of Econometrics 77, 87-103), for consistent and replicable estimates of CI when there are a substantial number of ties of the welfare indicator...
- Rationale for regular reporting on health disparities and inequalities - United StatesBenedict I Truman
Epidemiology and Analysis Program Office, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 60:3-10. 2011..S. federal laws and commonly used in the U.S. public health literature to refer to gaps in health between segments of the population...