Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Strategies for managing the dual risk of sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancy among Puerto Rican and African American young adultsMarion W Carter
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Public Health 102:449-56. 2012..We need to shift the focus from dual-method use toward a broader concept of dual protection to be more responsive to young adults' concerns, perceptions, and priorities...
- Heterosexual anal sex experiences among Puerto Rican and black young adultsMarion Carter
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 42:267-74. 2010..Heterosexual anal sex is not uncommon in the United States, and it poses risk for STDs. However, who engages in it and why are not well understood, particularly among young adults...
- STD and HIV testing behaviors among black and Puerto Rican young adultsMarion W Carter
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 43:238-46. 2011..To inform future testing efforts, lifetime and recent testing behaviors of this population within casual and serious relationships should be better understood...
- Use of dual protection in BotswanaJoan Marie Kraft
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, MS K 34, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Stud Fam Plann 40:319-28. 2009..In the context of high HIV prevalence, concerns about disease prevention likely influence contraception, and interventions should address childbearing desires and sexual risk simultaneously...
- Love and hooking up in the new millennium: communication technology and relationships among urban African American and Puerto Rican young adultsAnna R Bergdall
Oakridge Institute for Science Education, Division of Reproductive Health, U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Sex Res 49:570-82. 2012..Future research should explore emerging communication technologies and implications for psychosocial development, dating violence, and sexual behavior...
- Contraceptive use--United States and territories, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2002Diana M Bensyl
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 54:1-72. 2005..Information about contraceptive use for specific subpopulations can be used to further refine state efforts to improve contraceptive use and subsequently decrease the occurrence of unintended pregnancy...