James D Campbell
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HIV-infected ugandan adults taking antiretroviral therapy with CD4 counts >200 cells/μL who discontinue cotrimoxazole prophylaxis have increased risk of malaria and diarrheaJames D Campbell
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Entebbe, Uganda
Clin Infect Dis 54:1204-11. 2012..Many countries recommend that individuals taking antiretroviral therapy (ART) discontinue cotrimoxazole when CD4 counts are >200 cells/μL. However, this practice has not been evaluated in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Immunologic non-inferiority of a newly licensed inactivated trivalent influenza vaccine versus an established vaccine: a randomized study in US adultsJames D Campbell
Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Vaccin 7:81-8. 2011..In conclusion, the newly-licensed vaccine was well tolerated and immunologically non-inferior to the established vaccine for all three vaccine strains in the whole population and the elderly...
- Hematologic changes associated with Zidovudine following single-drug substitution from stavudine in a home-based AIDS care program in rural UgandaFatu Forna
Global AIDS Program, National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 8:128-38. 2009..The authors evaluated hematologic changes associated with zidovudine (ZDV) following single-drug substitution from stavudine (D4T) in HIV-infected persons in Uganda...
- Antiretroviral prophylaxis for sexual and injection drug use acquisition of HIVJames D Campbell
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, CDC Uganda, Entebbe, Uganda
Am J Prev Med 44:S63-9. 2013..PrEP is generally safe and effective and may be cost effective in a targeted population. Awareness and interest in PrEP are increasing. PrEP is an important new addition to HIV prevention services, but continued study is warranted...
- Safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of inactivated trivalent seasonal influenza vaccine administered with a needle-free disposable-syringe jet injectorJakub K Simon
Division of Geomedicine, Department of Medicine, Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, United States
Vaccine 29:9544-50. 2011..In the first study in humans, the newly-US-licensed LectraJet(®) model M3 RA DSJI was compared to N-S...