Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease among HIV-infected adults in the era of childhood pneumococcal immunizationAdam L Cohen
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial Diseases, USA
AIDS 24:2253-62. 2010..We evaluated IPD among HIV-infected adults over a 10-year period in the US to identify opportunities for prevention of IPD among HIV-infected adults...
- An assessment of the screening method to evaluate vaccine effectiveness: the case of 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in the United StatesAdam L Cohen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41785. 2012..The screening method yields estimates of VE that are highly dependent on the time period during which it is used and the choice of outcome. The method should be used cautiously to evaluate VE of PCVs...
- Integrating pneumonia prevention and treatment interventions with immunization services in resource-poor countriesAdam L Cohen
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Bull World Health Organ 90:289-94. 2012....
- Recommendations for metrics for multidrug-resistant organisms in healthcare settings: SHEA/HICPAC Position paper Adam L Cohen
Divisions of Bacterial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:901-13. 2008
- Use of active surveillance cultures to detect asymptomatic colonization with carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae in intensive care unit patientsDavid Calfee
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:966-8. 2008..Additional study of the impact of detection of asymptomatic colonization on subsequent infection and transmission is needed...