Deron C Burton
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Healthcare-seeking behaviour for common infectious disease-related illnesses in rural Kenya: a community-based house-to-house surveyDeron C Burton
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Health Popul Nutr 29:61-70. 2011..Seeking healthcare at health facilities and hospitals varied by syndrome, severity of illness, and characteristics of the patient...
- Group a streptococcal disease in long-term care facilities: descriptive epidemiology and potential control measuresHannah T Jordan
Respiratory Diseases Branch, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:742-52. 2007..We highlight well-accepted prevention and control strategies that can be employed during investigation and control of GAS infection outbreaks in LTCFs...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus central line-associated bloodstream infections in US intensive care units, 1997-2007Deron C Burton
Surveillance Branch, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 301:727-36. 2009..Concerns about rates of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) health care-associated infections have prompted calls for mandatory screening or reporting in efforts to reduce MRSA infections...
- Rotavirus disease burden and impact and cost-effectiveness of a rotavirus vaccination program in kenyaJacqueline E Tate
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 200:S76-84. 2009..The projected impact and cost-effectiveness of rotavirus vaccination are important for supporting rotavirus vaccine introduction in Africa, where limited health intervention funds are available...
- Socioeconomic and racial/ethnic disparities in the incidence of bacteremic pneumonia among US adultsDeron C Burton
Respiratory Diseases Branch, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1904-11. 2010..We examined associations between the socioeconomic characteristics of census tracts and racial/ethnic disparities in the incidence of bacteremic community-acquired pneumonia among US adults...
- Influenza and malaria coinfection among young children in western Kenya, 2009-2011Mark G Thompson
Influenza Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1674-84. 2012..Although children <5 years old in sub-Saharan Africa are vulnerable to both malaria and influenza, little is known about coinfection...