Deron C Burton
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus central line-associated bloodstream infections in US intensive care units, 1997-2007Deron C Burton
Surveillance Branch, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 301:727-36. 2009..Concerns about rates of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) health care-associated infections have prompted calls for mandatory screening or reporting in efforts to reduce MRSA infections...
- Trends in catheter-associated urinary tract infections in adult intensive care units-United States, 1990-2007Deron C Burton
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:748-56. 2011..The CAUTI prevention guidelines of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee were recently revised...
- Healthcare-seeking behaviour for common infectious disease-related illnesses in rural Kenya: a community-based house-to-house surveyDeron C Burton
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Health Popul Nutr 29:61-70. 2011..Seeking healthcare at health facilities and hospitals varied by syndrome, severity of illness, and characteristics of the patient...
- Use of Population-based Surveillance to Determine the Incidence of Rotavirus Gastroenteritis in an Urban Slum and a Rural Setting in KenyaRobert F Breiman
From Kenya Medical Research Institute Global Disease Detection Division Centers for Disease Control and Prevention KEMRI CDC, Nairobi and Kisumu, Kenya and National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:S54-61. 2014..Rotavirus gastroenteritis is a major cause of mortality among children <2 years of age. Disease burden data are important for introducing and sustaining new rotavirus vaccines in immunization programs...
- Influenza and malaria coinfection among young children in western Kenya, 2009-2011Mark G Thompson
Influenza Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1674-84. 2012..Although children <5 years old in sub-Saharan Africa are vulnerable to both malaria and influenza, little is known about coinfection...
- Socioeconomic and racial/ethnic disparities in the incidence of bacteremic pneumonia among US adultsDeron C Burton
Respiratory Diseases Branch, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1904-11. 2010..We examined associations between the socioeconomic characteristics of census tracts and racial/ethnic disparities in the incidence of bacteremic community-acquired pneumonia among US adults...