Cara C Burns
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Multiple independent emergences of type 2 vaccine-derived polioviruses during a large outbreak in northern NigeriaCara C Burns
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Virol 87:4907-22. 2013..The detection of multiple concurrent cVDPV2 outbreaks in northern Nigeria highlights the risks of cVDPV emergence accompanying tOPV use at low rates of coverage in developing countries...
- Sequence variability of the integrase protein from a diverse collection of HIV type 1 isolates representing several subtypesCara Carthel Burns
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 18:1031-41. 2002..The high degree of genetic homogeneity among the virus isolates representing several subtypes indicates that a single drug targeted against IN might be effective for all HIV-1 infections...
- Modulation of poliovirus replicative fitness in HeLa cells by deoptimization of synonymous codon usage in the capsid regionCara Carthel Burns
Respiratory and Enteric Viruses Branch, G 10, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, N E, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Virol 80:3259-72. 2006..Potential applications for the systematic modulation of poliovirus replicative fitness by deoptimization of codon usage are discussed...
- Genetic inactivation of poliovirus infectivity by increasing the frequencies of CpG and UpA dinucleotides within and across synonymous capsid region codonsCara C Burns
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Virol 83:9957-69. 2009....
- Poliovirus serotype-specific VP1 sequencing primersDavid R Kilpatrick
Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Virol Methods 174:128-30. 2011....