J Nell Brownstein
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Community health workers as interventionists in the prevention and control of heart disease and strokeJ Nell Brownstein
Cardiovascular Health Branch, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3717, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:128-33. 2005....
- Strategies for controlling blood pressure among low-income populations in GeorgiaRoberta Constantine
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division for the Prevention of Heart Disease and Stroke, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A52. 2008..In 2004 the rate of death from stroke in Georgia was 12% higher than the national average, and blacks in the state have a 1.4 times greater rate of death from stroke than that of whites...
- Addressing heart disease and stroke prevention through comprehensive population-level approachesJ Nell Brownstein
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A31. 2008
- Effectiveness of community health workers in the care of people with hypertensionJ Nell Brownstein
Division for the Prevention of Heart Disease and Stroke, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3717, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:435-47. 2007..This systematic review examines the effectiveness of CHWs in supporting the care of people with hypertension...
- Community health workers "101" for primary care providers and other stakeholders in health care systemsJ Nell Brownstein
Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 34:210-20. 2011..As shown in this overview (CHW 101), including CHWs as members of multidisciplinary care teams has the potential to strengthen both current and emerging models of health care delivery...
- A cost evaluation of the Georgia Stroke and Heart Attack Prevention ProgramDavid B Rein
Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, Mail Stop K 47, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A12. 2006....
- Policy and environmental indicators for heart disease and stroke prevention: data sources in two statesDelores M Pluto
Prevention Research Center, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 1:A05. 2004..The indicators were intended to determine policy and environmental support for adopting heart disease and stroke prevention guidelines and selected risk factors in 4 settings: community, school, work site, and health care...
- Training community health workers to reduce health disparities in Alabama's Black Belt: the Pine Apple Heart Disease and Stroke ProjectMelissa C Kuhajda
Department of Community and Rural Medicine, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Tuscaloosa Campus, AL 35487, USA
Fam Community Health 29:89-102. 2006..This study provides a CHW training curriculum that may be useful to others in establishing heart disease and stroke programs in rural underserved communities...
- Taking the initiative: implementing the American Heart Association Guide for Improving Cardiovascular Health at the Community Level: Healthy People 2010 Heart Disease and Stroke Partnership Community Guideline Implementation and Best Practices WorkgroupMark A Veazie
Circulation 112:2538-54. 2005