Kathryn A Brookmeyer
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Disentangling adolescent pathways of sexual risk takingKathryn A Brookmeyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Prim Prev 30:677-96. 2009....
- Weapon violence in adolescence: parent and school connectedness as protective factorsChristopher C Henrich
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia 30302 5010, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:306-12. 2005..Using data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), we investigated weapon violence involving violence exposure and commission, as well as the protective roles of parent and school connectedness over time...
- Schools, parents, and youth violence: a multilevel, ecological analysisKathryn A Brookmeyer
Georgia State University, Department of Psychology, Atlanta, GA 30302 5010, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 35:504-14. 2006..Finally, parent and school connectedness appear to work together to buffer adolescents from the effects of violence exposure on subsequent violent behavior...
- A systematic qualitative review of risk and protective factors for sexual violence perpetrationAndra Teten Tharp
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Trauma Violence Abuse 14:133-67. 2013..Therefore, SV prevention may also benefit from learning from effective strategies in other areas of public health, namely sexual health and youth violence prevention...
- Supportive relationships and sexual risk behavior in adolescence: an ecological-transactional approachChristopher C Henrich
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, PO Box 5010, Atlanta, Georgia 30302, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 31:286-97. 2006..To examine the longitudinal associations between supportive relationships with friends and parents and sexual risk behavior in adolescence based on an ecological-transactional perspective...
- Developing sexual violence prevention strategies by bridging spheres of public healthAlana M Vivolo
Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:1811-4. 2010....