Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Utility of antenatal HIV surveillance data to evaluate prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programs in resource-limited settingsOmotayo Bolu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention Global AIDS Program, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:S17-25. 2007..ANC sentinel surveillance can be used to evaluate and improve the first encounter in PMTCT programs. Countries should collect PMTCT-related program data through ANC surveillance to strengthen the PMTCT program...
- Approaches for scaling up human immunodeficiency virus testing and counseling in prevention of mother-to-child human immunodeficiency virus transmission settings in resource-limited countriesOmotayo O Bolu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Global AIDS Program, Prevention of Mother to Child HIV Transmission Team, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:S83-9. 2007..This paper will review best practices needed for expansion of testing and counseling in PMTCT settings in resource-limited countries...
- Site factors may be more important than participant factors in explaining HIV test acceptance in the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programme in Kenya, 2005Abhijeet Anand
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Trop Med Int Health 14:1215-9. 2009..To determine the role of participant factors on the acceptance of a Prevention-of-Mother-to-Child (PMTCT) HIV test programme in a situation with an opt-out testing strategy...
- Hyponatremia, hypochloremia, and hypoalbuminemia predict an increased risk of mortality during the first year of antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected Zambian and Kenyan womenChristine N Dao
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:1149-55. 2011..Assessment of serum sodium, chloride, and albumin can identify HIV-infected patients at highest risk for mortality who may benefit from more intensive medical management during the first year of ART...
- International recommendations on antiretroviral drugs for treatment of HIV-infected women and prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission in resource-limited settings: 2006 updateHalima Dao
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, TB Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:S42-55. 2007..HIV transmission through breastfeeding remains a problem, and several interventions are under evaluation that include maternal and/or infant antiretroviral prophylaxis during breastfeeding...
- Can data from programs for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV be used for HIV surveillance in Kenya?Nicole Seguy
Global AIDS Program National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS E 30, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 121:695-702. 2006..In Kenya, the utility of prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) program data for HIV surveillance was evaluated...
- Is HIV/sexually transmitted disease prevention counseling effective among vulnerable populations?: a subset analysis of data collected for a randomized, controlled trial evaluating counseling efficacy (Project RESPECT)Omotayo O Bolu
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Sex Transm Dis 31:469-74. 2004..The objective of this study was to evaluate counseling efficacy among high-risk groups...
- Prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission internationallyNathan Shaffer
Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:2027-8. 2004
- How late is too late? Timeliness to scheduled visits as an antiretroviral therapy adherence measure in Nairobi, Kenya and Lusaka, ZambiaRachel J Blacher
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
AIDS Care 22:1323-31. 2010..Timeliness to scheduled clinic visits can be used as an objective proxy for self-reported adherence and ultimately for risk of virologic failure...