Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Economic burden of bacteremic melioidosis in eastern and northeastern, ThailandSaithip Bhengsri
Department of Tropical Hygiene, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Trop Med Hyg 89:369-73. 2013..In addition to the high morbidity and mortality, the substantial economic burden of melioidosis further supports the need for investments to identify improved prevention and control strategies for melioidosis...
- Bartonella seroprevalence in rural ThailandSaithip Bhengsri
International Emerging Infections Program, Thailand MOPH US CDC Collaboration, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 42:687-92. 2011..3%) had seropositivity to B. quintana, 51 (9.8%) to B. elizabethae, and 19 (3.6%) to B. vinsonii subsp vinsonii. These results suggest exposure to Bartonella species is more common in rural Thailand than previously suspected...
- Incidence of bacteremic melioidosis in eastern and northeastern ThailandSaithip Bhengsri
International Emerging Infections Program IEIP, Thailand Ministry of Public Health U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Collaboration, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:117-20. 2011....
- Identification of Bartonella infections in febrile human patients from Thailand and their potential animal reservoirsMichael Kosoy
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:1140-5. 2010..The findings suggest that rodents are likely reservoirs for a substantial portion of cases of human Bartonella infections in Thailand...
- Rabies-related knowledge and practices among persons at risk of bat exposures in ThailandKis Robertson
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1054. 2011..The objectives were to identify deficiencies in rabies awareness, describe the occurrence of bat exposures, and explore factors associated with transdermal bat exposures...