R J Berry
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Impact of misclassification of in vitro fertilisation in studies of folic acid and twinning: modelling using population based Swedish vital recordsR J Berry
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Health and Human Services, 1600 Clifton Road, MS E 86, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
BMJ 330:815. 2005..To determine whether failure to adequately adjust for a reported 40% misclassification of use of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) as reported in a Swedish study could have led to a false finding that folic acid increases dizygotic twinning...
- Fortification of flour with folic acidRobert J Berry
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mail Stop E 86, 1600 Clifton Rd, NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Food Nutr Bull 31:S22-35. 2010..In 1998, folic acid fortification of all enriched cereal grain product flour was fully implemented in the United States and Canada...
- Race-ethnicity differences in folic acid intake in women of childbearing age in the United States after folic acid fortification: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001-2002Quan He Yang
Division of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 85:1409-16. 2007..Neural tube defects are serious birth defects of the brain and spinal cord. Up to 70% of neural tube defects can be prevented by the consumption of folic acid by women before and early during pregnancy...
- Folic acid supplementation and risk for imperforate anus in ChinaM F Myers
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 154:1051-6. 2001..59 (95% confidence interval: 0.33, 1.07). Daily maternal consumption of 400 microg of folic acid before and during early pregnancy may reduce the risk for imperforate anus...
- Review of interventions for the prevention and control of folate and vitamin B12 deficienciesJOSE F CORDERO
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Food Nutr Bull 29:S188-95. 2008..The experience with interventions involving folic acid could provide a model for the subsequent development of supplementation and fortification programs involving vitamin B12...
- Estimation of trends in serum and RBC folate in the U.S. population from pre- to postfortification using assay-adjusted data from the NHANES 1988-2010Christine M Pfeiffer
National Center for Environmental Health, CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Nutr 142:886-93. 2012..The MBA-equivalent pre- and postfortification reference concentrations will inform countries that plan folic acid fortification or that need to evaluate its impact...
- Folic acid supplements during pregnancy and risk of miscarriageJ Gindler
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341-3724, USA
Lancet 358:796-800. 2001....
- Folic acid supplements during early pregnancy and likelihood of multiple births: a population-based cohort studyZhu Li
The National Centre for Maternal and Infant Health, and the Department of Health Care Epidemiology, Peking University Health Science Centre, Beijing, China
Lancet 361:380-4. 2003..Results of some studies, however, suggest an increase in multiple births associated with use of vitamin supplements that contain folic acid during pregnancy. Our aim was to assess this association...
- A population-based birth defects surveillance system in the People's Republic of ChinaSong Li
National Center for Maternal and Infant Health, Peking University Health Science Centre formerly Beijing Medical University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 17:287-93. 2003..These data can be used for aetiological studies, descriptive epidemiology and identification of unusual trends...