M Nabie Bayoh
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Spatial and temporal dynamics of malaria transmission in rural Western KenyaNyaguara Amek
Kenya Medical Research Institute Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC Research and Public Health Collaboration, P O Box 1578, Kisumu, Kenya
Parasit Vectors 5:86. 2012..There are few studies examining the extent and drivers of local variation in malaria exposure in endemic areas...
- Identification of field caught Anopheles gambiae s.s. and Anopheles arabiensis by TaqMan single nucleotide polymorphism genotypingEdward D Walker
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Malar J 6:23. 2007..This report describes development and evaluation of an automated, quantitative PCR method based upon TaqMan single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotyping...
- Anopheles gambiae: historical population decline associated with regional distribution of insecticide-treated bed nets in western Nyanza Province, KenyaM Nabie Bayoh
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 48824, USA
Malar J 9:62. 2010..l.) species complex, namely A. gambiae sensu stricto (s.s.) and Anopheles arabiensis. Historically, the former species was proportionately dominant in indoor resting collections of females...
- A supervised land cover classification of a western Kenya lowland endemic for human malaria: associations of land cover with larval Anopheles habitatsF M Mutuku
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
Int J Health Geogr 8:19. 2009..The hypothesis was that the distribution and abundance of aquatic habitats of larvae of various species of mosquitoes in the genus Anopheles is associated with identifiable landscape features...
- Malaria in Kakuma refugee camp, Turkana, Kenya: facilitation of Anopheles arabiensis vector populations by installed water distribution and catchment systemsM Nabie Bayoh
Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, P, O, Box 1578, Kisumu, Kenya
Malar J 10:149. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate malaria prevalence and attack rate and sources of Anopheles vectors in Kakuma refugee camp, in 2005-2006, after a malaria epidemic was observed by staff at camp clinics...
- Reemergence of Anopheles funestus as a vector of Plasmodium falciparum in western Kenya after long-term implementation of insecticide-treated bed netsRobert S McCann
Department of Entomology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan Department of Biomedical Science and Technology, School of Public Health and Community Development, Maseno University, Maseno, Kenya Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Kisumu, Kenya Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
Am J Trop Med Hyg 90:597-604. 2014..funestus may once again be contributing significantly to the transmission of malaria in this region despite the widespread use of ITNs/long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs)...
- Spatial and temporal variation in the kdr allele L1014S in Anopheles gambiae s.s. and phenotypic variability in susceptibility to insecticides in Western KenyaDerrick K Mathias
Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, PO Box 1578, Kisumu, Kenya
Malar J 10:10. 2011..Temporal and spatial variation in the frequency of a knock down resistance (kdr) allele in A. gambiae s.s. was quantified, as was variation in phenotypic resistance among geographic populations of A. gambiae s.l...
- Modeling larval malaria vector habitat locations using landscape features and cumulative precipitation measuresRobert S McCann
Department of Entomology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
Int J Health Geogr 13:17. 2014..Predictive models of malaria vector larval habitat locations may provide a basis for understanding the spatial determinants of malaria transmission...
- Importance of algal biomass to growth and development of Anopheles gambiae larvaeMichael G Kaufman
Department of Entomology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Med Entomol 43:669-76. 2006..Overall, these results demonstrate the importance of algal biomass in the surface microlayers of larval habitats to development and adult production of An. gambiae...
- Ovipositional periodicity of caged Anopheles gambiae individualsMegan L Fritz
Department of Entomology, Michigan State University, 203 Center for Integrated Plant Systems, East Lansing, MI, 48824, USA
J Circadian Rhythms 6:2. 2008..gambiae populations. Here, we report on when during the diel cycle A. gambiae individuals deposit eggs as compared to the ovipositional patterns of groups...