B N Bartholow
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Assessment of the changing willingness to participate in phase III HIV vaccine trials among men who have sex with menB N Bartholow
National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, U S A
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 16:108-15. 1997..These data underscore the importance of informed consent and raise questions regarding the influence of decision-making processes on HIV vaccine efficacy trial design, compliance, and validity...
- Demographic and behavioral contextual risk groups among men who have sex with men participating in a phase 3 HIV vaccine efficacy trial: implications for HIV prevention and behavioral/biomedical intervention trialsBradford N Bartholow
Vaccine Section, Epidemiology Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 16000 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:594-602. 2006....
- Homosexual men who engage in high-risk sexual behavior. A multicenter comparisonL S Doll
Division of HIV AIDS, Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, Georgia 30333
Sex Transm Dis 18:170-5. 1991..Careful evaluation of the diverse nature and characteristics of these men is essential to target risk-reduction programs for this population...
- Alcohol use and high-risk sexual behavior among men who have sex with men: the effects of consumption level and partner typePeter A Vanable
Department of Psychology and Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244 2340, USA
Health Psychol 23:525-32. 2004..Thus, the effects of alcohol vary according to the context in which it is used. Interventions to reduce substance-related risk should be tailored to the demands of maintaining sexual safety with nonprimary partners...
- Recruitment and baseline epidemiologic profile of participants in the first phase 3 HIV vaccine efficacy trialClayton D Harro
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Immunization Research, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1385-92. 2004..To describe recruitment and baseline epidemiologic characteristics of volunteers in the first phase 3 placebo-controlled trial of a recombinant gp120 HIV vaccine (AIDSVAX B/B)...
- HIV sexual risk behavior over 36 months of follow-up in the world's first HIV vaccine efficacy trialBradford N Bartholow
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:90-101. 2005....
- Partner-specific sexual behavioral differences between phase 3 HIV vaccine efficacy trial participants and controls: Project VISIONWilliam L H Whittington
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:234-8. 2006..To assess and compare sexual behaviors using partner-specific data between HIV-negative men who have sex with men (MSM) recruited for an HIV vaccine efficacy trial and a control group...
- The Young Men's Survey phase II: hepatitis B immunization and infection among young men who have sex with menCindy M Weinbaum
Office of Communications, NCHHSTP, Mailstop E 06, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 16000 Clifton Road, Atlanta GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 98:839-45. 2008..We measured the prevalence of hepatitis B virus (HBV) immunization and HBV infection among men aged 23 to 29 years who have sex with men...
- HIV prevention services received at health care and HIV test providers by young men who have sex with men: an examination of racial disparitiesStephanie K Behel
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Urban Health 85:727-43. 2008..Differential experience with HIV prevention services does not explain the higher HIV prevalence among black and Hispanic MSM...