Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Assessment of the safety of a third dose of pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in the Vaccine Safety Datalink populationLisa A Jackson
Center for Health Studies, 1730 Minor Ave, Ste 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Vaccine 24:151-6. 2006..5 for both comparisons with the third PPV group). These findings do not suggest that a third PPV dose is associated with an increased risk of medically attended injection site reactions compared with a first or second PPV dose...
- Patterns of pneumococcal vaccination and revaccination in elderly and non-elderly adults: a Vaccine Safety Datalink studyLisa A Jackson
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, USA
BMC Infect Dis 9:37. 2009..To assess contemporary patterns of pneumococcal vaccination and revaccination of adults, we conducted a cross-sectional study of adults enrolled in medical care organizations (MCOs) participating in the Vaccine Safety Datalink project...
- Safety profile of smallpox vaccine: insights from the laboratory worker smallpox vaccination programJames Baggs
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Immunization Program, Epidemiology and Surveillance Division, Immunization Safety Branch, 1600 Clifton Rd, Mailstop E61, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:1133-40. 2005..This report describes the frequency of such symptoms among 936 adult smallpox vaccinees with and without a history of prior smallpox vaccination...
- The Vaccine Safety Datalink: a model for monitoring immunization safetyJames Baggs
Immunization Safety Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, Mail Stop D25, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatrics 127:S45-53. 2011..With its recent enhancements, the VSD provides scientific expertise, continues to develop innovative approaches for vaccine-safety research, and may serve as a model for other patient safety collaborative research projects...
- Monitoring the safety of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine: findings from the Vaccine Safety DatalinkJulianne Gee
Division of Healthcare Quality and Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 29:8279-84. 2011..In 7 large managed care organizations (MCOs), we performed a post-licensure safety assessment of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV4) among 9-26 year-old female vaccine recipients between August 2006 and October 2009...
- Intussusception and rotavirus vaccination: a review of the available evidenceManish M Patel
Viral Gastroenteritis Section, MS A47, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 8:1555-64. 2009..We review these safety data for the new vaccines and for Rotashield to provide background information relevant for considering age recommendations for rotavirus vaccination...
- Influence of host factors on immunoglobulin G concentration in oral fluid specimensTimothy C Granade
Division of AIDS, STD, and TB Laboratory Research, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road D 12, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:194-7. 2002..0001), bleeding gums (+6.35 microg/ml, P = 0.0001), and time since the last meal (+3.55 microg/ml, >6 h, P = 0.0001). These factors could impact diagnostic methods that rely on the immunoglobulin concentration in OF specimens...
- Adequacy of surveillance to detect endemic rubella transmission in the United StatesFrancisco Averhoff
National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases proposed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:S151-7. 2006..It is necessary to validate that the observed absence of rubella is due to the disappearance of disease rather than a failure of rubella surveillance...
- Postlicensure monitoring of intussusception after RotaTeq vaccination in the United States, February 1, 2006, to September 25, 2007Penina Haber
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, 1600 Clifton Rd, MS A 47, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatrics 121:1206-12. 2008..Although the new rotavirus vaccine (RotaTeq; Merck, West Point, PA) introduced in 2006 was not associated with intussusception in prelicensure trials, additional monitoring is important to ensure a complete safety profile...
- Monitoring vaccine safety using the Vaccine Safety Datalink: utilizing immunization registries for pandemic influenzaNatalie L McCarthy
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, MS D26, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 29:4891-6. 2011..Additional work will be required at these sites to overcome the barriers, which included privacy and confidentiality laws, time constraints brought on by the pandemic, as well as data quality concerns...
- Comparison of epidemiologic methods for active surveillance of vaccine safetyDavid L McClure
Institute for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Vaccine 26:3341-5. 2008..We performed a simulation study to compare four study designs [(matched-cohort, vaccinated-only (risk-interval) cohort, case-control, and self-controlled case-series (SCCS)] in the context of vaccine safety active surveillance...