Francisco M Averhoff
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Adequacy of surveillance to detect endemic rubella transmission in the United StatesFrancisco Averhoff
National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases proposed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:S151-7. 2006..It is necessary to validate that the observed absence of rubella is due to the disappearance of disease rather than a failure of rubella surveillance...
- A middle school immunization law rapidly and substantially increases immunization coverage among adolescentsFrancisco Averhoff
National Immunization Program, MS E 61, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 94:978-84. 2004..This study assessed the effectiveness of a middle school vaccination requirement for raising second-dose measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine and hepatitis B vaccine coverage among adolescents...
- Global burden of hepatitis C: considerations for healthcare providers in the United StatesFrancisco M Averhoff
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:S10-5. 2012..Countries with a high burden of HCV infection also would benefit from establishing comprehensive prevention, care, and treatment programs...
- Vaccine coverage levels after implementation of a middle school vaccination requirement, Florida, 1997-2000Kieran J Fogarty
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, 1600 Clifton Rd, MS E 52, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 119:163-9. 2004..This study examined coverage levels among students entering seventh grade in Florida following implementation of a school entry vaccination requirement in 1997...
- Tuberculosis investigations associated with air travel: U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, January 2007-June 2008Karen J Marienau
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases, Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Travel Med Infect Dis 8:104-12. 2010..Contact investigations conducted in the United States of persons with tuberculosis (TB) who traveled by air while infectious have increased. However, data about transmission risks of Mycobacterium tuberculosis on aircraft are limited...
- Hepatitis B vaccination among adolescents in 3 large health maintenance organizationsIdalia M Gonzalez
Epidemiology Program Office, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 110:929-34. 2002..Little is known about the implementation of these recommendations in a managed care setting. The objective of this study was to determine the impact of ACIP recommendations on HB vaccination among adolescents in 3 managed care settings...
- Risk of norovirus transmission during air travelKrista Kornylo
National Center for Preparedness, Detection, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Travel Med 16:349-51. 2009....