Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Building on success--potential to improve coverage of multiple health interventions through integrated delivery with routine childhood vaccinationAbhijeet Anand
Global Immunization Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, MS E05, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 205:S28-39. 2012..Integrating delivery of nonvaccine interventions with childhood vaccinations has been suggested as a mechanism to accelerate progress toward Millennium Development Goals...
- Knowledge of HIV status, sexual risk behaviors and contraceptive need among people living with HIV in Kenya and MalawiAbhijeet Anand
Global Immunization Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS 23:1565-73. 2009..Several studies support the need for effective interventions to reduce HIV transmission risk behaviors among people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs)...
- Site factors may be more important than participant factors in explaining HIV test acceptance in the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programme in Kenya, 2005Abhijeet Anand
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Trop Med Int Health 14:1215-9. 2009..To determine the role of participant factors on the acceptance of a Prevention-of-Mother-to-Child (PMTCT) HIV test programme in a situation with an opt-out testing strategy...
- Bridging populations-sexual risk behaviors and HIV prevalence in clients and partners of female sex workers, Bangkok, Thailand 2007Neha S Shah
Global AIDS Program, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Urban Health 88:533-44. 2011..Findings also highlight the importance of initiating surveillance and targeted programs for FSW partners, and demonstrate a recruitment method for hard-to-reach populations...
- Utility of antenatal HIV surveillance data to evaluate prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programs in resource-limited settingsOmotayo Bolu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention Global AIDS Program, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:S17-25. 2007..ANC sentinel surveillance can be used to evaluate and improve the first encounter in PMTCT programs. Countries should collect PMTCT-related program data through ANC surveillance to strengthen the PMTCT program...
- Poliovirus vaccination options for achieving eradication and securing the endgameConcepcion F Estivariz
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Curr Opin Virol 3:309-15. 2013..In this communication, we will discuss polio vaccination options to accelerate eradication, to mitigate the risks during the planned withdrawal of type 2 OPV, and to secure eradication for future generations. ..
- Stability of the age distribution of measles cases over time during outbreaks in Bangladesh, 2004-2006Eric Wiesen
Global Immunization Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 204:S414-20. 2011..These findings suggest a need to consider the possibility of a shift in the age distribution over time when planning an outbreak response vaccination campaign...