Abu S Abdul-Quader
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Effectiveness of structural-level needle/syringe programs to reduce HCV and HIV infection among people who inject drugs: a systematic reviewAbu S Abdul-Quader
Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV AIDS, Epidemiology and Strategic Information Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CORP Bldg 1 Rm 2308 02, MS E30, Atlanta, GA, 30329 1902, USA
AIDS Behav 17:2878-92. 2013..The results support NSP as a structural-level intervention to reduce population-level infection and implementation of NSP for prevention and treatment of HIV and HCV infection. ..
- High coverage needle/syringe programs for people who inject drugs in low and middle income countries: a systematic reviewDon C Des Jarlais
The Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York City, USA
BMC Public Health 13:53. 2013..However, we do not have a good understanding of the effectiveness of NSP in low/middle-income and transitional-economy countries...
- Identification of structural interventions for HIV/AIDS prevention: the concept mapping exerciseAbu S Abdul-Quader
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Public Health Rep 126:777-88. 2011..The findings highlight the need for conducting further research on structural interventions, including feasibility of implementation and effectiveness of reducing HIV transmission risks...
- Effectiveness of respondent-driven sampling for recruiting drug users in New York City: findings from a pilot studyAbu S Abdul-Quader
Behavioral and Clinical Surveillance Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, 30333, USA
J Urban Health 83:459-76. 2006..The findings indicate that RDS is an effective sampling method for recruiting diversified drug users to participate in HIV-related behavioral surveys...
- Implementation and analysis of respondent driven sampling: lessons learned from the fieldAbu S Abdul-Quader
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Urban Health 83:i1-5. 2006
- Developing an HIV behavioral surveillance system for injecting drug users: the National HIV Behavioral Surveillance SystemAmy Lansky
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 122:48-55. 2007..S. that will provide local and national data on risk for HIV and other blood-borne and sexually transmitted infections among IDUs for monitoring changes in the epidemic and prevention programs...