Richard C Hermann
Affiliation: Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health
- Achieving consensus across diverse stakeholders on quality measures for mental healthcareRichard C Hermann
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies at Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Med Care 42:1246-53. 2004....
- Quality measurement in health care: a need for leadership amid a new federalismRichard C Hermann
Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 11:215-9. 2003
- Aligning measurement-based quality improvement with implementation of evidence-based practicesRichard C Hermann
Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health, Tufts NEMC s Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, NEMC 345, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 33:636-45. 2006..This article explores the degree to which these two approaches are aligned and whether further coordination between them could yield greater effectiveness or efficiency...
- Risk-adjusting outcomes of mental health and substance-related care: a review of the literatureRichard C Hermann
The Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research Veterans Health Administration, Boston, MA, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 15:52-69. 2007..8%. Results are appraised in the context of the mental health care system's needs for risk adjustment; we assess what has been accomplished, where gaps remain, and directions for future development...
- Statistical benchmarks for process measures of quality of care for mental and substance use disordersRichard C Hermann
Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1461-7. 2006..This article describes the application of a method for developing statistical benchmarks for 12 process measures of quality of care for mental and substance use disorders...
- Quality indicators for international benchmarking of mental health careRichard C Hermann
Tufts-New England Medical Center, Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health (CQAIMH, 750 Washington Street, NEMC# 345, Boston, MA, 02111, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 18:31-8. 2006..It addresses known quality problems and achieves some breadth across diverse dimensions of mental health care...
- The Stroke Practice Improvement Network: a quasiexperimental trial of a multifaceted intervention to improve qualityJudith A Hinchey
Institute of Clinical Care Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 19:130-7. 2010....
- Best practices: Interpreting measurement data for quality improvement: standards, means, norms, and benchmarksRichard C Hermann
Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health, Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:655-7. 2003
- How and why community hospital clinicians document a positive screen for intimate partner violence: a cross-sectional studyMegan R Gerber
Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, MA, USA
BMC Fam Pract 6:48. 2005..This two-part study examines primary care clinicians' chart documentation and attitudes when confronted by a positive waiting room screen for intimate partner violence (IPV)...
- Guideline recommendations for treatment of schizophrenia: the impact of managed careBarbara Dickey
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:340-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare the treatment of schizophrenia for disabled Medicaid beneficiaries who were and were not enrolled in managed care...
- Impact of a work-focused intervention on the productivity and symptoms of employees with depressionDebra Lerner
Program on Health, Work and Productivity, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Occup Environ Med 54:128-35. 2012..To test a new program's effectiveness in reducing depression's work burden...
- Do women who screen positive for mental disorders in primary care have lower mammography rates?Karen E Lasser
Department of Medicine, The Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 25:214-6. 2003..Screening for mental disorders in primary care does not appear to identify women at risk for nonreceipt of mammography...
- Clinical improvement associated with conformance to HEDIS-based depression careKathryn Rost
Center for Studies in Family Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, UCHSC at Fitzsimons, P O Box 6508 Mail Stop F496, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 7:103-12. 2005..Employers recently requested a valid metric of depression treatment quality. Such an indicator needs to measure the proportion of the population in need who receive high-quality care, and to predict clinical improvement...
- Common ground: a framework for selecting core quality measures for mental health and substance abuse careRichard C Hermann
Psychiatry, Cambridge Hospital, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:281-7. 2002..The authors present a framework for the selection of a core set of measures, clarify divergent perspectives, and make recommendations for further development of core quality measures for mental health care...
- Process measures for the assessment and improvement of quality of care for schizophreniaRichard C Hermann
Harvard Medical School and School of Public Health, Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Hospital, MA 02139, USA
Schizophr Bull 28:95-104. 2002....
- Prescription of antipsychotic drugs by office-based physicians in the United States, 1989-1997Richard C Hermann
Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Hospital, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:425-30. 2002..This study examined trends in the prescription of antipsychotic drugs in a nationally representative sample of physicians in nonfederal office-based clinical practice during the 1990s...