Genomes and Genes
Olga A Iakoubova
Affiliation: Celera Diagnostics
- Polymorphism in KIF6 gene and benefit from statins after acute coronary syndromes: results from the PROVE IT-TIMI 22 studyOlga A Iakoubova
Celera, Alameda, California 9450, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:449-55. 2008..We explored whether the benefit of intensive versus moderate statin therapy would be greater in carriers of KIF6 719Arg than in noncarriers...
- Asp92Asn polymorphism in the myeloid IgA Fc receptor is associated with myocardial infarction in two disparate populations: CARE and WOSCOPSOlga A Iakoubova
Celera Inc, 1401 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA 94502, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2763-8. 2006..Because the myeloid IgA Fc receptor encoded by FCAR mediates inflammation, we hypothesized that the FCAR Asp92Asn polymorphism is associated with risk of MI and that this risk would be modified by pravastatin...
- Effect of pravastatin therapy on coronary events in carriers of the KIF6 719Arg allele from the cholesterol and recurrent events trialDov Shiffman
Celera, Alameda, CA, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:1300-5. 2010..14). In conclusion, in an analysis that included CARE patients of all ethnic groups, pravastatin therapy significantly and substantially reduced primary end point events in carriers of the KIF6 719Arg allele but not in noncarriers...
- KIF6 Trp719Arg polymorphism and the effect of statin therapy in elderly patients: results from the PROSPER studyOlga A Iakoubova
Celera, Inc, 1401 Harborbay Pkwy, Alameda, CA 94502, USA
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 17:455-61. 2010..We investigated whether, among the elderly, statin therapy also significantly reduced coronary events in carriers but not in noncarriers...
- Association of the Trp719Arg polymorphism in kinesin-like protein 6 with myocardial infarction and coronary heart disease in 2 prospective trials: the CARE and WOSCOPS trialsOlga A Iakoubova
Celera, Inc, Alameda, California 94502, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:435-43. 2008....
- Five common gene variants identify elevated genetic risk for coronary heart diseaseLance A Bare
Celera, Alameda, California 94502, USA
Genet Med 9:682-9. 2007....
- A kinesin family member 6 variant is associated with coronary heart disease in the Women's Health StudyDov Shiffman
Celera, Alameda, California 94502, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:444-8. 2008..We asked if carriers of the 719Arg allele of kinesin family member 6 (KIF6) have increased risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) in a cohort of initially healthy Caucasian American women...
- Genome-wide study of gene variants associated with differential cardiovascular event reduction by pravastatin therapyDov Shiffman
Celera Inc, Alameda, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38240. 2012..52 to 0.75) for each extra copy of the minor allele (P = 4.8 × 10(-7)). This SNP is located in DnaJ homolog subfamily C member 5B (DNAJC5B) and merits investigation in additional randomized studies of pravastatin and other statins...
- KIF6 polymorphism as a predictor of risk of coronary events and of clinical event reduction by statin therapyYonghong Li
Celera, Alameda, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:994-8. 2010..In conclusion, assessment of 719Arg carrier status holds promise for stratification of coronary event risk and for selection of optimal therapy in primary and secondary CHD prevention...
- Identification of four gene variants associated with myocardial infarctionDov Shiffman
Celera Diagnostics, Alameda, CA, USA
Am J Hum Genet 77:596-605. 2005..58] and OR13G1 [OR 1.40]); all ORs are for carriers of two versus zero risk alleles. These findings could lead to a better understanding of MI pathophysiology and improved patient risk assessment...
- Association between ADAMTS1 matrix metalloproteinase gene variation, coronary heart disease, and benefit of statin therapyMarc S Sabatine
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:562-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the association between the Ala227Pro polymorphism in the ADAMTS1 metalloproteinase gene and coronary heart disease and benefit from statin therapy in 2 independent cohorts...
- Evaluation of the paraoxonases as candidate genes for stroke: Gln192Arg polymorphism in the paraoxonase 1 gene is associated with increased risk of strokeKoustubh Ranade
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ 08543 5400, USA
Stroke 36:2346-50. 2005..We evaluated, in a comprehensive way, all 3 paraoxonase genes for association with stroke observed in the Cholesterol and Recurrent Events (CARE) trial...