Chrisandra L Shufelt
Affiliation: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Female-Specific Factors for IHD: Across the Reproductive LifespanChrisandra Shufelt
Barbra Streisand Women s Heart Center, Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, 8631 W Third Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90048, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 17:481. 2015..Research continues to decipher the impact of estrogen decline at this stage and the effect of menopause hormone therapy as they relate to the cardiovascular health of menopausal women. ..
- Timing of hormone therapy, type of menopause, and coronary disease in women: data from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute-sponsored Women's Ischemia Syndrome EvaluationChrisandra L Shufelt
Division of Cardiology, Heart Institute and Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 444 S San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Menopause 18:943-50. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship of the timing of hormone therapy (HT) use with angiographic coronary artery disease (CAD) and cardiovascular disease (CVD) events in women with natural versus surgical menopause...
- A pilot randomized, single-blind, placebo-controlled trial of traditional acupuncture for vasomotor symptoms and mechanistic pathways of menopauseJeannette M Painovich
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Menopause 19:54-61. 2012....
- Do faculty intensivists have better outcomes when caring for patients directly in a closed ICU versus consulting in an open ICU?Dani Hackner
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Division, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Hosp Pract (1995) 37:40-50. 2009....
- Contraceptive hormone use and cardiovascular diseaseChrisandra L Shufelt
Women s Heart Center, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:221-31. 2009....
- Hormone therapy dose, formulation, route of delivery, and risk of cardiovascular events in women: findings from the Women's Health Initiative Observational StudyChrisandra L Shufelt
From the 1Barbra Streisand Women s Heart Center, Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, Los Angeles, CA 2Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 3National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 4MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, MD 5University of Florida College of Medicine Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 6Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 7George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC 8Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur, GA 9Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA and 10Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Menopause 21:260-6. 2014..This study directly compared different estrogen doses, routes of delivery, and HT formulations in postmenopausal women in relation to the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD), stroke, CVD mortality, total CVD, and all-cause mortality...
- Safety of testosterone use in womenChrisandra L Shufelt
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Maturitas 63:63-6. 2009..Nevertheless, only long-term safety studies will provide conclusive evidence as to testosterone safety in women...