Affiliation: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Frozen section examination of liver, gallbladder, and pancreasJuan Lechago
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1610-8. 2005..A variety of intraoperative consultations may be applicable during surgery of the pancreas...
- The frozen section: pathology in the trenchesJuan Lechago
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1529-31. 2005
- P16 and Ki67 immunostaining is a useful adjunct in the assessment of biopsies for HPV-associated anal intraepithelial neoplasiaAnn E Walts
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:795-801. 2006..One was positive for high-risk HPV DNA. We conclude that when used together and evaluated in conjunction with H&E stained sections, p16 and Ki67 immunoexpression is a useful adjunct in the diagnosis and grading of AIN...
- Intraoperative consultation for renal lesions. Implications and diagnostic pitfalls in 324 casesBhuvaneswari Krishnan
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 120:528-35. 2003..Awareness of distinctive indications for frozen section intraoperative consultation and diagnostic pitfalls should improve diagnostic accuracy and facilitate proper management of these lesions...
- Is immunostaining for Helicobacter pylori superior to the special stain thiazine in detecting small numbers of H. pylori in gastric biopsies?Nirag Jhala
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 10:82-4. 2002....
- Paneth cell carcinoma of the ampulla of VaterJorge I Mora
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:908-10. 2004..This pattern of differentiation is rare, and predictions regarding its ultimate biological behavior and malignant potential must be guarded...
- Expression of the high mobility group proteins HMGI(Y) correlates with malignant progression in Barrett's metaplasiaXueyun Chen
Department of Pathology, Section of Gastroenterology, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:30-3. 2004..Additional studies are needed to determine whether BM biopsies that are ND or LGD/IND and positive for HMGI(Y) are more likely to progress to adenocarcinoma...
- Non-dysplastic and dysplastic Barrett's mucosa and adenocarcinoma lack a subepithelial myofibroblastic cell layerYve Huttenbach
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Anticancer Res 23:2261-5. 2003..We hypothesize that lack of the SMF cell layer in BM may contribute to the quick progression to esophageal adenocarcinoma, which, unlike that in the colon, occurs before an exophytic lesion becomes evident...
- Acid suppression therapy may not alter malignant progression in Barrett's metaplasia showing p53 protein accumulationNicole Carlson
Department of Pathology and Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1340-5. 2002..Although AST may be effective in preventing further DNA damage, it is unlikely to alter progression in genetically unstable cells...
- Goblet cell mimickers in esophageal biopsies are not associated with an increased risk for dysplasiaMamoun Younes
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:571-5. 2007..However, we have seen cases diagnosed as Barrett metaplasia based solely on cells that pose morphologic similarity to ITGCs on hematoxylin-eosin staining or stain positive with Alcian blue...