Vera M Chesnokova
Affiliation: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Pituitary senescence: the evolving role of PttgVera Chesnokova
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Cedars Sinai Medical Center David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 326:55-9. 2010..These observations point to senescence as a target for effective therapy for both tumor silencing and growth restraint towards development of pituitary malignancy...
- Antidepressants and Cdk inhibitors: releasing the brake on neurogenesis?Vera Chesnokova
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2321-6. 2008..However, there is a possibility that long-term stimulation of neurogenesis might exhaust the proliferation potentials of neuronal progenitors...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary cytokine networkAnastasia Kariagina
Cedars Sinai Medical Center University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, California 90048, USA
Endocrinology 145:104-12. 2004..Our results suggest that increased central proinflammatory cytokine expression can compensate for the impaired HPA axis function and activates inflammatory ACTH and corticosterone responses in mice-deficient in both CRH and LIF...
- Developmental exposure to corticosterone: behavioral changes and differential effects on leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) gene expression in the mouseRobert N Pechnick
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8730 Alden Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 185:76-83. 2006..Both the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and the immune system, including cytokine-mediated responses, appear to be susceptible to long-term programming during fetal and neonatal development...
- Opposing effects of pituitary leukemia inhibitory factor and SOCS-3 on the ACTH axis response to inflammationVera Chesnokova
Cedars Sinai Research Institute University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E1110-8. 2002..05). The results indicate that, although LIF induces ACTH, SOCS-3 acts to counterregulate the HPA axis response to inflammation...
- Leukemia inhibitory factor regulates glucocorticoid receptor expression in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axisAnastasia Kariagina
Cedars Sinai Medical Center and David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E857-63. 2005..These data suggest that LIF maintains the HPA axis activation by decreasing GR expression and raise the possibility that LIF might contribute to the development of central glucocorticoid resistance during inflammation...
- Minireview: Neuro-immuno-endocrine modulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis by gp130 signaling moleculesVera Chesnokova
Cedars Sinai Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Endocrinology 143:1571-4. 2002..At the same time, gp130 cytokines stimulate pituitary suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS)-3, which represses cytokine signaling and abrogates cytokine-induced corticotroph POMC gene transcription and ACTH secretion...
- p21Cip1 restricts neuronal proliferation in the subgranular zone of the dentate gyrus of the hippocampusRobert N Pechnick
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1358-63. 2008..Because many antidepressants stimulate neurogenesis, it is possible that their shared common mechanism of action is suppression of p21...
- Reduced immobility in the forced swim test in mice with a targeted deletion of the leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) geneRobert N Pechnick
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 9048, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:770-6. 2004..It was found that LIF knockout mice show reduced immobility in the forced swim test, suggesting that LIF might have a potential role in the etiology of some forms of depression...
- Senescence mediates pituitary hypoplasia and restrains pituitary tumor growthVera Chesnokova
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Cancer Res 67:10564-72. 2007....
- p21(Cip1) restrains pituitary tumor growthVera Chesnokova
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17498-503. 2008..Aneuploid pituitary cell p21 may constrain pituitary tumor growth, thus accounting for the very low incidence of pituitary carcinomas...
- Pituitary tumour-transforming gene (PTTG) and pituitary senescenceVera Chesnokova
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Horm Res 71:82-7. 2009..These results improve our understanding of pituitary syndromes associated with infertility, growth disorders, hypercortisolism or adrenal, thyroid and gonadal failure due to abrogated pituitary function...
- Discordant proliferation and differentiation in pituitary tumor-transforming gene-null bone marrow stem cellsTami Rubinek
Academic Affairs, Rm 2015, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1082-92. 2007..The results indicate that Pttg deletion reduces BMSC proliferation, renders cells more sensitive to hypoxia, and enhances senescent features, thus pointing to a role for Pttg in the maintenance and proliferation of BMSCs...
- LIF MEDIATES ACTH AXIS RESPONSE TO INFLAMMATIONVera Chesnokova; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide insights into the cytokine-mediated neuro-immuno-endocrine interface. ..