Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Autism and tuberous sclerosisMax Wiznitzer
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Child Neurol 19:675-9. 2004..Better delineation of the association and its causative factors is needed for the development of possible interventions...
- Buccal midazolam for seizuresMax Wiznitzer
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Lancet 366:182-3. 2005
- Cerebral infarctions in the fetus and neonate: maternal-placental-fetal considerationsMark S Scher
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Fetal and Neonatal Neurology Programs, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 6005, USA
Clin Perinatol 29:693-724, vi-vii. 2002..Comprehensive evaluations of survivors of cerebral infarction are needed to better understand structural and functional plasticity of the developing brain after a cerebrovascular event in the fetal and neonatal periods...
- Why do psychiatric drug research in children?Max Wiznitzer
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland OH 44106, USA
Lancet 361:1147-8. 2003
- Emergency management of seizures in childrenMonisha Goyal
Epilepsy Center, Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Lancet 367:1555-6. 2006
- Effect of topiramate on seizures and respiratory dysrhythmia in Rett syndromeMonisha Goyal
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland Cleveland, OH, USA
J Child Neurol 19:588-91. 2004..Topiramate was well tolerated. The effect of topiramate, a broad-spectrum drug, could be due to its gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)ergic and glutaminergic effects, both systems thought to be disordered in Rett syndrome...
- Autism spectrum disorder: screening, diagnosis, and medical evaluationSarah J Spence
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA Center for Autism Research and Treatment, CA, USA
Semin Pediatr Neurol 11:186-95. 2004..Finally, the role of the pediatric neurologist is discussed with regard to specific components of the evaluation, including history, physical examination, and ancillary testing...
- Sensorimotor performance in school-age children with autism, developmental language disorder, or low IQDavid E Mandelbaum
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:33-9. 2006..Inability/unwillingness to perform tasks was much more frequent in LoAD than LoIQ children...
- Development of case definitions for acute encephalopathy, encephalitis, and multiple sclerosis reports to the vaccine: Adverse Event Reporting SystemRobert Ball
Division of Epidemiology, Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 55:819-24. 2002..Development and application of case definitions for other adverse events reported after vaccination should enhance the value of vaccine safety databases. Published by Elsevier Science Inc...
- Infantile-onset symptomatic epilepsy syndrome caused by a homozygous loss-of-function mutation of GM3 synthaseMichael A Simpson
Department of Medical Genetics, St George s Hospital Medical School, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Nat Genet 36:1225-9. 2004....
- From observations to trials: the ketogenic diet and epilepsyMax Wiznitzer
Lancet Neurol 7:471-2. 2008