Alexander C Tsai
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Conflicts between commercial and scientific interests in pharmaceutical advertising for medical journalsAlexander C Tsai
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 4945, USA
Int J Health Serv 33:751-68. 2003..The increasingly diverging interests between medical journal editors and publishers are also discussed and highlighted by two recent cases of editors' departures from prominent general-interest medical journals...
- A meta-analysis of interventions to improve care for chronic illnessesAlexander C Tsai
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, WG 57 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4945, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:478-88. 2005..to address 2 research questions: (1) Do interventions that incorporate at least 1 element of the Chronic Care Model (CCM) result in improved outcomes for specific chronic illnesses? (2) Are any elements essential for improved outcomes?..
- Rural-urban comparison of contextual associations with self-reported mental health statusLars E Peterson
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Health Place 15:125-32. 2009..Lack of overlap in contextual associations suggests that contextual influence operates differently in rural and urban settings and that interventions to improve mental health may not translate across settings...
- Physician decisions to discontinue long-term medications using a two-stage framework: the case of growth hormone therapyLeona Cuttler
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Med Care 43:1185-93. 2005..The decision to stop growth hormone (GH) therapy is an important example because of high cost (approximately $26,000/y for a 48-kg child), complexity of treatment options, and expansion of patient populations...
- MSJAMA. Policies to regulate gifts to physicians from industryAlexander C Tsai
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JAMA 290:1776. 2003
- Overcoming bias in estimating the volume-outcome relationshipAlexander C Tsai
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine WG 57, Cleveland, OH 44106 4945, USA
Health Serv Res 41:252-64. 2006..To examine the effect of hospital volume on 30-day mortality for patients with congestive heart failure (CHF) using administrative and clinical data in conventional regression and instrumental variables (IV) estimation models...
- Prescriber profilingAlexander C Tsai
Ann Intern Med 148:81. 2008
- Concern about drug repsAlexander C Tsai
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:296-7; author reply 298-9. 2002
- Industry-funded bioethics articlesAlexander C Tsai
Lancet 366:1078. 2005
- Who is buying normative bioethics research?Alexander C Tsai
University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Am J Bioeth 8:62-3. 2008