Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Neighborhood racial residential segregation and changes in health or death among older adultsJoseph J Sudano
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Case Western Reserve University at The MetroHealth System, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Rammelkamp 236a, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Health Place 19:80-8. 2013..Controlling for all variables, only moderate LQRRS predicted major decline/death, ARR=1.31 (95% CI 1.07, 1.59; p<.05)...
- Measuring disparities: bias in the Short Form-36v2 among Spanish-speaking medical patientsJoseph J Sudano
Center for Health Care Research and Policy Case Western Reserve University at The Metro Health System, 2500 Metro Health Drive R236A, Cleveland, OH, USA
Med Care 49:480-8. 2011..However, because cultural and language differences may create measurement bias, it is unclear whether observed differences in self-reported overall health reflect true differences in health...
- Using tablet PC's in dental practice research: technology, cost savings, and direct data entry "on the go"Joseph J Sudano
Department of Community Dentistry, Case School of Dental Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Public Health Dent 65:244-5. 2005..The data collection procedure used to illustrate this technology is a direct observation study of the factors associated with the delivery of preventive services by dentists and hygienists in their daily practice...
- Explaining US racial/ethnic disparities in health declines and mortality in late middle age: the roles of socioeconomic status, health behaviors, and health insuranceJoseph J Sudano
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Case Western Reserve University at The MetroHealth System, Rammelkamp 236, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109 1998, USA
Soc Sci Med 62:909-22. 2006....
- Intermittent lack of health insurance coverage and use of preventive servicesJoseph J Sudano
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Case Western Reserve University at the MetroHealth Systeme, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Am J Public Health 93:130-7. 2003..This study examined the association between intermittent lack of health insurance coverage and use of preventive health services...
- Antihypertensive medication use in Hispanic adults: a comparison with black adults and white adultsJ J Sudano
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Med Care 39:575-87. 2001....
- The effect of private insurance on the health of older, working age adults: evidence from the health and retirement studyAvi Dor
Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Peter B. Lewis Building, 11119 Bellflower Rd, Cleveland, OH 44128-7235, USA
Health Serv Res 41:759-87. 2006..Preliminary results provide no justification for targeting certain subgroups with susceptibility to certain chronic conditions rather than broad policy interventions...
- Loss of health insurance and the risk for a decline in self-reported health and physical functioningDavid W Baker
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Case Western Reserve University at MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
Med Care 40:1126-31. 2002..Millions of Americans are intermittently uninsured. The health consequences of this are not known...
- Health insurance coverage during the years preceding medicare eligibilityDavid W Baker
Division of General Internal Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:770-6. 2005..Because most estimates of the uninsured are cross-sectional, the true number of individuals whose health is at risk from being uninsured is unclear...
- Health insurance coverage and the risk of decline in overall health and death among the near elderly, 1992-2002David W Baker
Department of Medicine and the Division of General Internal Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Med Care 44:277-82. 2006..Although individuals' health insurance coverage changes frequently, previous analyses have not accounted for changes in insurance coverage over time...
- Changes in health for the uninsured after reaching age-eligibility for MedicareDavid W Baker
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:1144-9. 2006..Uninsured adults in late middle age are more likely to have a health decline than individuals with private insurance...
- Health Effects of Racial Segregation on Aging AdultsJoseph Sudano; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Subjective/Objective Health Measures by Race/EthnicityJoseph Sudano; Fiscal Year: 2007..Regardless of outcome, results will provide heuristic value in directing further research, and will provide guidance in evaluating changes to current surveys. ..
- Health Effects of Racial Segregation on Aging AdultsJoseph Sudano; Fiscal Year: 2009....