Julia Hannum Rose
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Patient age, well-being, perspectives, and care practices in the early treatment phase for late-stage cancerJulia Hannum Rose
Department of Medicine Geriatrics and Palliative Care, Case Western Reserve University, 2500 MetroHealth Drive R245A, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:960-8. 2008....
- Perspectives, preferences, care practices, and outcomes among older and middle-aged patients with late-stage cancerJulia Hannum Rose
Department of Medicine Geriatrics, Case Western Reserve University, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4907-17. 2004..To evaluate relationships among physician and cancer patient survival estimates, patients' perceived quality of life, care preferences, and outcomes, and how they vary across middle-aged and older patient groups...
- Predictors of engagement in a coping and communication support intervention for older patients with advanced cancerJulia Hannum Rose
School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:S296-9. 2009..To examine patterns and predictors of engagement in a coping and communication support (CCS) intervention tailored to the preferences of middle-aged and older patients in the early treatment phase for late-stage cancer...
- Patterns of adaptation in patients living long term with advanced cancerJulia Hannum Rose
Department of Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Care, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Cancer 115:4298-310. 2009....
- A coping and communication support intervention tailored to older patients diagnosed with late-stage cancerJulia Hannum Rose
Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Clin Interv Aging 3:77-95. 2008..This tailored intervention is expected to positively affect patients' quality of care and quality of life over time...
- Caregiver objective burden and assessments of patient-centered, family-focused care for frail elderly veteransJulia Hannum Rose
Department of Medicine Geriatrics and Palliative Care, Case Western Reserve University, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Gerontologist 47:21-33. 2007....
- Relationships and emotional wellbeing among African American and White advanced cancer caregiversLinda E Francis
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:446-53. 2011..Given a history of different experiences in medical settings among Whites and African Americans, we examined moderation effects by race...
- Establishing treatment fidelity in a coping and communication support telephone intervention for aging patients with advanced cancer and their family caregiversRosanne M Radziewicz
Department of Nursing, MetroHealth Medical Center, 2500 MetroHealth Dr, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:193-202. 2009....
- The role of primary care physicians in advanced cancer care: perspectives of older patients and their oncologistsElizabeth O'Toole
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:S265-8. 2009..To examine data from advanced cancer patients and their oncologists regarding patient age-related differences in patient and oncologist perspectives on involvement of primary care physicians (PCPs) in aspects of cancer management...
- Health and well-being in older married female cancer survivorsAloen L Townsend
Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 7164, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:S286-8. 2009..To investigate differences between older married female cancer survivors and a matched comparison sample on physical health and on effects of health on depressive symptomatology...
- The Cancer Communication Assessment Tool for Patients and Families (CCAT-PF): a new measureLaura A Siminoff
Department of Social and Behavioral Health, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Psychooncology 17:1216-24. 2008..The Cancer Communication Assessment Tool for Patients and Families (CCAT-PF) is a new instrument that assesses congruence in patient-family caregiver communication for both research and clinical purposes...
- Modeling patient-centered communication: oncologist relational communication and patient communication involvement in breast cancer adjuvant therapy decision-makingMary M Step
Department of Family Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, 11001 Cedar Rd, 306, Cleveland, OH, USA
Patient Educ Couns 77:369-78. 2009..It is expected that patients of oncologists who express positive relational communication will be more communicatively involved in their office visits, and regret their decision for adjuvant therapy following surgery less...
- Geriatric oncology and primary care: promoting partnerships in practice and researchJulia Hannum Rose
School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4971, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:S235-8. 2009..Potential implications of ideally shared care include more-informed patient-centered decision-making, better adherence to treatment, improved match between older patient goals and treatments, and thus better outcomes...
- The structure and function of frail male veterans' informal networksKatherine Harris Abbott
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Ralston Penn Center, 3615 Chestnut Street, Rm 335, Philadelphia, PA 19104 2676, USA
J Aging Health 19:757-77. 2007..This research focuses on the role of informal networks in providing emotional support, instrumental aid, and assistance with chronic disease management for frail male veterans...
- Aging and Supportive Care in Advanced CancerJulia Rose; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this study, will be disseminated to inform area-based care initiative. ..