Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Effectiveness of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy among older women with early stage breast cancerCynthia Owusu
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Breast J 13:374-82. 2007..53 (95% CI = 0.37-0.77). Adjuvant tamoxifen is associated with improvement in 5-year breast cancer-specific and overall survival in older women with early-stage breast cancer...
- Clinical management update: evaluation and management of older patients with breast cancerCynthia Owusu
School of Medicine and Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:S250-2. 2009....
- Predictors of tamoxifen discontinuation among older women with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerCynthia Owusu
Division of Hematology Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals Health System Ireland Cancer Center BHC 5055, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106 5055, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:549-55. 2008..However, information on tamoxifen discontinuation is scanty. We sought to identify predictors of tamoxifen discontinuation among older women with breast cancer...
- Shared care in geriatric oncology: primary care providers' and medical/oncologist's perspectivesCynthia Owusu
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:S239-42. 2009..Studies exploring the feasibility and benefits of a shared care model in the management of older patients with cancer are needed...
- Racial disparities in functional disability among older women with newly diagnosed nonmetastatic breast cancerCynthia Owusu
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cleveland, Ohio
Cancer 119:3839-46. 2013..This study sought to assess racial differences in functional disability among older women with nonmetastatic breast cancer...
- Comorbidities, functional limitations, and geriatric syndromes in relation to treatment and survival patterns among elders with colorectal cancerSiran M Koroukian
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4945, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:322-9. 2010..To examine patterns of colorectal cancer (CRC) treatment and survival in relation to comorbidities (COM), functional limitations (FL), and geriatric syndromes (GS)...
- Effect of undertreatment on the disparity in age-related breast cancer-specific survival among older womenCynthia Owusu
Hematology and Medical Oncology Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Evans Biomedical Research Center, Boston, MA 02118 2393, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 102:227-36. 2007..Assess the relationship between age and breast cancer-specific survival among older women and determine whether the observed age-related disparities in survival is explained by differences in breast cancer treatments received...
- Incidence of heart failure or cardiomyopathy after adjuvant trastuzumab therapy for breast cancerJersey Chen
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:2504-12. 2012..The purpose of this study was to estimate heart failure (HF) and cardiomyopathy (CM) rates after adjuvant trastuzumab therapy and chemotherapy in a population of older women with early-stage breast cancer...
- Use of complementary medications among older adults with cancerRonald J Maggiore
Department of Medicine, Sections of Geriatrics Palliative Medicine and Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cancer 118:4815-23. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of complementary medication use and to identify the factors associated with its use among older adults with cancer...
- Mortality impact of less-than-standard therapy in older breast cancer patientsMarianne Ulcickas Yood
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:66-75. 2008....
- Receipt of appropriate primary breast cancer therapy and adjuvant therapy are not associated with obesity in older women with access to health careDiana S M Buist
Group Health Center for Health Studies, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3428-36. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine the association between BMI at breast cancer diagnosis and receipt of appropriate primary tumor therapy and adjuvant therapy...