Patrick K Murray
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Outcomes of rehabilitation services for nursing home residentsPatrick K Murray
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:1129-36. 2003..To examine survival and community discharge outcomes related to rehabilitation services among patients admitted to nursing homes before the implementation of the Balanced Budget Amendment of 1997...
- Are we selecting the right patients for stroke rehabilitation in nursing homes?Patrick K Murray
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:876-80. 2005..To examine the effect of stroke rehabilitation in the nursing home on community discharge rates and functional status among patients stratified by propensity to receive rehabilitation...
- Rehabilitation services after the implementation of the nursing home prospective payment system: differences related to patient and nursing home characteristicsPatrick K Murray
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, MetroHealth Medical Center, 2500 MetroHealth Dr, Cleveland, OH 44109 1998, USA
Med Care 43:1109-15. 2005..This study examines the changes that occurred in nursing home patients and rehabilitation services following the PPS...
- The accuracy of Minimum Data Set diagnoses in describing recent hospitalization at acute care facilitiesRichard A Del Rio
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:212-8. 2006..This study evaluated the accuracy of the MDS diagnosis variables with respect to the diagnoses for recent hospitalization from Medicare claims data...
- Trends in the rehabilitation therapist workforce in underserved areas: 1980-2000Richard D Wilson
Case Western Reserve University MetroHealth Medical Center, Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
J Rural Health 25:26-32. 2009..There is evidence that rural areas continue to face a shortage of trained rehabilitation providers. There has also been little attention to therapist distribution in non-rural settings where health professionals are in short supply...
- Cost-effectiveness of screening for deep vein thrombosis by ultrasound at admission to stroke rehabilitationRichard D Wilson
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Case Western Reserve University MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:1941-8. 2005..This project was a cost-effectiveness analysis of the practice of routine Doppler ultrasound screening for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients with ischemic stroke at the time of admission to rehabilitation...
- Satisfaction with upper-extremity surgery in individuals with tetraplegiaKathryn Stroh Wuolle
Cleveland Functional Electrical Stimulation Center, Louis B Stokes Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:1145-9. 2003..To measure the satisfaction of individuals with tetraplegia with their upper-extremity reconstructive surgery...