Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Regulation of the Dbl proto-oncogene by heat shock cognate protein 70 (Hsc70)Krista P Kauppinen
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 280:21638-44. 2005..We propose that Hsc70 attenuates Dbl activity by maintaining an inactive conformation in which the amino terminus is "folded over" the catalytic DH-PH domain...
- Vitamin e trafficking in neurologic health and diseaseLynn Ulatowski
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 email
Annu Rev Nutr 33:87-103. 2013..The critical roles of this protein and its ligand are underscored by the debilitating pathologies that characterize human carriers of mutations in the TTPA gene. ..
- Regulation of proto-oncogenic dbl by chaperone-controlled, ubiquitin-mediated degradationElena Kamynina
Case School of Medicine, WG 48, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:1809-22. 2007..Onco-Dbl, lacking the spectrin homology domain, cannot bind these regulators and therefore accumulates in cells at high levels, leading to persistent stimulation of its downstream signaling pathways...
- Plekhg4 is a novel Dbl family guanine nucleotide exchange factor protein for rho family GTPasesMeghana Gupta
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 288:14522-30. 2013..These findings indicate that Plekhg4 is an aggregation-prone member of the Dbl family GEFs and that regulation of GTPase signaling is critical for proper cerebellar function...
- Hepatic α-tocopherol transfer protein: ligand-induced protection from proteasomal degradationVarsha Thakur
Department of Nutrition, School of Medicine
Biochemistry 49:9339-44. 2010..These findings suggest that vitamin E imparts a distinct conformation on TTP that is associated with localization to a specific cellular compartment, where the protein is less susceptible to proteasomal degradation...
- Cell Transformation by Dbl-like onco-proteinsDanny Manor; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Functions of Tocopherol Transfer ProteinDanny Manor; Fiscal Year: 2007..Studies proposed in this application will provide critical information that is likely to improve our understanding of vitamin E function as a mediator of human health. ..