C Y Daniel Lee
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- The role of microglia in amyloid clearance from the AD brainC Y Daniel Lee
School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, SOM E649, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4928, USA
J Neural Transm 117:949-60. 2010..ApoE and its receptors have been shown to play critical roles in these processes. In this review, we will explore the mechanisms that microglia utilize to clear Abeta and the effectors that modulate the processes...
- Microglia mediate the clearance of soluble Abeta through fluid phase macropinocytosisShweta Mandrekar
Alzheimer Research Laboratory, Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 29:4252-62. 2009..These studies identify an important mechanism through which microglial cells participate in the maintenance of Abeta homeostasis, through their capacity to constitutively clear sAbeta peptides from the brain...
- Apolipoprotein E promotes β-amyloid trafficking and degradation by modulating microglial cholesterol levelsC Y Daniel Lee
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 287:2032-44. 2012..These findings demonstrate a direct role of cholesterol in the intracellular Aβ degradation...
- ApoE-directed therapeutics rapidly clear β-amyloid and reverse deficits in AD mouse modelsPaige E Cramer
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Science 335:1503-6. 2012..Thus, RXR activation stimulates physiological Aβ clearance mechanisms, resulting in the rapid reversal of a broad range of Aβ-induced deficits...
- ApoE promotes the proteolytic degradation of AbetaQingguang Jiang
Alzheimer Research Laboratory, Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Neuron 58:681-93. 2008..GW3965 treatment also reversed contextual memory deficits. These data demonstrate a mechanism through which ApoE facilitates the clearance of Abeta from the brain and suggest that LXR agonists may represent a novel therapy for AD...
- Regulation of microglial phagocytosis and inflammatory gene expression by Gas6 acting on the Axl/Mer family of tyrosine kinasesChristian Grommes
Alzheimer Research Laboratory, Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 3:130-40. 2008..These data provide a mechanistic explanation for the phenotype observed in animals lacking Axl/Mer receptors...