Robert C Kalayjian
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Kidney Disease in HIV-Infected PersonsRobert C Kalayjian
Division of Infectious Diseases, MetroHealth Medical Center, 2500 MetroHealth Dr, Cleveland, OH, 44109, USA
Curr Infect Dis Rep 14:83-90. 2012..Robust associations between proteinuria and cardiovascular disease imply that common mechanisms of vascular endothelial dysfunction may contribute to both processes...
- Older HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy have B-cell expansion and attenuated CD4 cell increases with immune activation reductionRobert C Kalayjian
MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
AIDS 27:1563-71. 2013..The contribution of immune activation to accelerated HIV-disease progression in older individuals has not been delineated...
- Age-related immune dysfunction in health and in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease: association of age and HIV infection with naive CD8+ cell depletion, reduced expression of CD28 on CD8+ cells, and reduced thymic volumesRobert C Kalayjian
MetroHealth Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Infect Dis 187:1924-33. 2003..Because of their common association with age and HIV disease, naive CD8(+) cell depletion, diminished CD28 expression on CD8(+) cells, and reduced thymic volumes are possible correlates of the interaction of age with HIV disease...
- Renal issues in HIV infectionRobert C Kalayjian
Division of Infectious Diseases, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 8:164-71. 2011..The emerging experience with kidney transplantation also suggests this to be a viable option in selected patients...
- Pretreatment levels of soluble cellular receptors and interleukin-6 are associated with HIV disease progression in subjects treated with highly active antiretroviral therapyRobert C Kalayjian
MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1796-805. 2010....
- Distinct mechanisms of T cell reconstitution can be identified by estimating thymic volume in adult HIV-1 diseaseRobert C Kalayjian
Division of Infectious Diseases, MetroHealth Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
J Infect Dis 192:1577-87. 2005..We have attempted to identify factors associated with T cell reconstitution in response to highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Suppression of HIV-1 replication by antiretroviral therapy improves renal function in persons with low CD4 cell counts and chronic kidney diseaseRobert C Kalayjian
Department of Medicine, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AIDS 22:481-7. 2008..To examine the association between changes in glomerular filtration rates (GFR) and antiretroviral therapy (ART)-mediated suppression of plasma HIV-1 viremia...
- The effects of HIV type-1 viral suppression and non-viral factors on quantitative proteinuria in the highly active antiretroviral therapy eraSamir K Gupta
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Antivir Ther 14:543-9. 2009..Proteinuria is associated with progressive renal disease and overall mortality in HIV-infected patients; however, the prevalence and correlates of quantitative proteinuria in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era are unknown...
- The effect of aging on T-regulatory cell frequency in HIV infectionAllan R Tenorio
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Rush Medical College, 600 S Paulina Street, Suite 143 AAC, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Clin Immunol 130:298-303. 2009..T-reg percentages are increased in the older HIV(+) population and may play a role in the accelerated disease progression seen in older HIV-infected persons...
- Risk factors for chronic kidney disease in a large cohort of HIV-1 infected individuals initiating antiretroviral therapy in routine careRobert C Kalayjian
Metro Health Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AIDS 26:1907-15. 2012....
- Immunologic failure despite suppressive antiretroviral therapy is related to activation and turnover of memory CD4 cellsMichael M Lederman
Division of Infectious Diseases, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Infect Dis 204:1217-26. 2011..Failure to normalize CD4(+) T-cell numbers despite effective antiretroviral therapy is an important problem in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Frequencies of FoxP3+ naive T cells are related to both viral load and naive T cell proliferation responses in HIV diseaseBenigno Rodriguez
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Leukoc Biol 90:621-8. 2011..These observations suggest that alterations in naïve T cell subset frequencies could contribute to naïve T cell dysfunction in HIV disease, but these alterations are not necessarily the result of chronic immune activation...
- Older age is associated with peripheral blood expansion of naïve B cells in HIV-infected subjects on antiretroviral therapyPuja Van Epps
Geriatric Research Center Clinical Core GRECC, Department of Infectious Diseases, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e107064. 2014..Relationship between RM cells at baseline and tetanus responses may lead to insights about the effects of HIV infection on B cell memory function and vaccine responses. ..
- The treatment of HIV-associated nephropathyRobert C Kalayjian
MetroHealth Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 17:59-71. 2010..Underexposure to ART or inadequate ART dosing in HIV-infected patients with CKD may curtail the optimal benefits that may be derived from this therapy...
- Virologic characterization of HIV type 1 with a codon 70 deletion in reverse transcriptaseZixin Hu
Section of Retroviral Therapeutics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Division of AIDS, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:494-500. 2007..These results show that Delta70 enhances resistance to certain purine and pyrimidine analogues and contributes to multinucleoside resistance in the appropriate viral genetic background...