Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- The dietary isothiocyanate sulforaphane targets pathways of apoptosis, cell cycle arrest, and oxidative stress in human pancreatic cancer cells and inhibits tumor growth in severe combined immunodeficient miceNhu-An Pham
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 3:1239-48. 2004..Our findings suggest that, in addition to the known effects on cancer prevention, sulforaphane may have activity in established pancreatic cancer...
- Immunoreactivity of Stat5 phosphorylated on tyrosine as a cell-based measure of Bcr/Abl kinase activityJames W Jacobberger
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4944, USA
Cytometry A 54:75-88. 2003..Here, we asked whether we could measure a phosphorylated epitope on Stat5 by cytometry, and whether that measurement would respond to Bcr/Abl inhibition...
- Cell density related gene expression: SV40 large T antigen levels in immortalized astrocyte linesPhyllis S Frisa
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 4106 4944, USA
BMC Cell Biol 3:10. 2002..Here, we asked whether SV40 large T antigen (Tag) levels, driven by two different promoters, changed in a predictable and regular manner during exponential growth in clonal astrocyte cell lines, immortalized and dependent on Tag...
- A new biomarker for mitotic cellsJames W Jacobberger
Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Cytometry A 73:5-15. 2008..To facilitate use without confusion about specificity, we suggest the trivial name, pS780 for this mitotic epitope...
- CHK1 and CHK2 are differentially involved in mismatch repair-mediated 6-thioguanine-induced cell cycle checkpoint responsesTao Yan
Department of Radiation Oncology, LTR 6068, University Hospitals of Cleveland/Ireland Cancer Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-6068, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:1147-57. 2004..The two signaling kinases seem to work cooperatively to ensure that 6-TG damaged cells arrest at these cell cycle checkpoints...
- Inhibition of cdk1 by alsterpaullone and thioflavopiridol correlates with increased transit time from mid G2 through prophaseDeena V Soni
Environmental Health Sciences Department, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cell Cycle 3:349-57. 2004..These results suggest that cdk1-cyclin activity is rate limiting for cell cycle progression during a period from mid G2 through prophase...
- DNA synthesis from unbalanced nucleotide pools causes limited DNA damage that triggers ATR-CHK1-dependent p53 activationKedar Hastak
Department of Genetics and Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6314-9. 2008....
- Phase I and correlative study of combination bryostatin 1 and vincristine in relapsed B-cell malignanciesAfshin Dowlati
Developmental Therapeutics Program and the Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:5929-35. 2003..Preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies demonstrate synergistic activity and increased tumor apoptosis in B-cell malignancies when a prolonged infusion of bryostatin 1 is followed by vincristine...
- p53 negatively regulates intestinal immunity by delaying mucosal T cell cyclingAndreas Sturm
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4952, USA
J Clin Invest 109:1481-92. 2002..By slowing LPT cycling, p53 may act as a negative regulator of mucosal immunity, promoting immunological tolerance by preventing excessive T cell replication...
- Cyclin B1 is rate limiting but not essential for mitotic entry and progression in mammalian somatic cellsDeena V Soni
Environmental Health Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cell Cycle 7:1285-300. 2008..Lack of uniformity in other phenotypes suggest that these are low penetrance effects that are exacerbated or compensated in some systems by other mechanisms...
- Monitoring Plasmodium falciparum growth and development by UV flow cytometry using an optimized Hoechst-thiazole orange staining strategyBrian T Grimberg
Center for Global Health and Disease, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 7286, USA
Cytometry A 73:546-54. 2008..Investigation of the mechanisms by which anti-malarial drugs and antibodies act against different Pf lifecycle stages will be aided by this cytometric strategy...
- Dysregulated human myeloid nuclear differentiation antigen expression in myelodysplastic syndromes: evidence for a role in apoptosisRobert C Briggs
Departments of Pathology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Cancer Res 66:4645-51. 2006..We propose that MNDA has a role regulating programmed cell death in myeloid progenitor cells, and that its down-regulation in MDS is related to granulocyte-macrophage progenitor cell sensitivity to TRAIL-induced programmed cell death...
- Increasing the power of cytometryJames W Jacobberger
Nat Methods 3:343-4. 2006
- Whole blood fixation and permeabilization protocol with red blood cell lysis for flow cytometry of intracellular phosphorylated epitopes in leukocyte subpopulationsSue Chow
Department of Pathology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cytometry A 67:4-17. 2005....
- Reduced CTLA-4 protein and messenger RNA expression in umbilical cord blood T lymphocytesRobin E Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospitals Ireland Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Exp Hematol 30:738-44. 2002..CTLA-4 mediates negative T-cell signaling and may contribute to the development of allogeneic tolerance. In this study, we compared protein and mRNA expression of CTLA-4 in stimulated UCB and adult peripheral blood T cells...
- Cytometry of the cell cycle: cycling through historyZbigniew Darzynkiewicz
Brander Cancer Research Institute, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10532, USA
Cytometry A 58:21-32. 2004
- Multiparameter Cell Cycle AnalysisJAMES JACOBBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..3c) test the hypothesis that the Transition State model can be generalized through GI. ..
- Compucyte iCyte Imaging CytometerJAMES JACOBBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- STANDARDIZED MULTIPARAMETRIC CELL CYCLE ANALYSISJAMES JACOBBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CWRU FLOW CYTOMETER AND CELL SORTERJAMES JACOBBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....