Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Socioeconomic factors and breast cancer in black and white AmericansNahida H Gordon
Bioethics Department, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4976, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 22:55-65. 2003..Knowledge of environmental factors associated with SES have the potential for providing important clues about the prevention and control of breast cancer...
- A decision aid to assist in adjuvant therapy choices for breast cancerLaura A Siminoff
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4976, USA
Psychooncology 15:1001-13. 2006..This study was a group randomized controlled trial of a novel decision aid to help patients with breast cancer make adjuvant therapy (AT) decisions...
- Cancer communication patterns and the influence of patient characteristics: disparities in information-giving and affective behaviorsLaura A Siminoff
Department of Bioethics, TA 215, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4976, USA
Patient Educ Couns 62:355-60. 2006..To examine whether patient characteristics are associated with communication patterns between oncologists and breast cancer patients...
- Photodynamic therapy of human breast cancer xenografts lacking caspase-3Cecilia M Whitacre
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Cancer Lett 179:43-9. 2002..The results indicate that the rapid response of Pc 4-PDT-treated tumors in vivo is not due to their ability to carry out the major caspase-3-mediated late steps in apoptosis...
- Mortality trends during a program that publicly reported hospital performanceDavid W Baker
Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Case Western Reserve University at MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Med Care 40:879-90. 2002..It is unclear whether publicly reporting hospitals' risk-adjusted mortality leads to improvements in outcomes...
- CHARACTERISTICS OF LONG TERM BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSNahida Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2003..Using Aim 1 and 2 data, associations between HRQL, frailty, comorbidity and adjuvant treatment received will be examined. ..