J R Calabrese
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Clinical studies on the use of lamotrigine in bipolar disorderJ R Calabrese
Mood Disorder Program, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Neuropsychobiology 38:185-91. 1998....
- Current research on rapid cycling bipolar disorder and its treatmentJ R Calabrese
Mood Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Affect Disord 67:241-55. 2001..Electroconvulsive therapy may also prove efficacious in selected cases. The present paper provides a critical review of the evidence for the foregoing clinical issues in rapid cycling...
- Bipolar rapid cycling: focus on depression as its hallmarkJ R Calabrese
Department of Psychiatry at University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:34-41. 2001..The results indicate that lamotrigine may be a useful treatment for patients with rapid-cycling bipolar II disorder and that this drug has begun to address this unmet need...
- Controlled trials in bipolar I depression: focus on switch rates and efficacyJ R Calabrese
Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 9:S109-12. 1999..At present there is no consensus over the optimal definition of switching. Standardising the definition may lead to improvements in the clinical management of bipolar disorder...
- Current concepts in rapid cycling bipolar disorderM D Shelton
Mood Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 11400 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 2:310-5. 2000..Controlled trials in homogeneous cohorts of RCBD patients are needed. Preliminary data suggest that two or more mood stabilizers are required for adequate control...
- Predictive value of early improvement in bipolar depression trials: a post-hoc pooled analysis of two 8-week aripiprazole studiesD E Kemp
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 43:5-27. 2010..To evaluate the value of early improvement to predict treatment outcome in patients with bipolar depression...
- Discriminative validity of parent report of hypomanic and depressive symptoms on the General Behavior InventoryE A Youngstrom
Department of Psychology, Case Western Reserve University, 11220 Bellflower Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Psychol Assess 13:267-76. 2001..80. Results indicate that clinicians can use the parent-completed GBI to derive clinically meaningful information about mood disorders in youths...
- Evolving methodologies in bipolar disorder maintenance researchJ R Calabrese
Mood Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 41:s157-63. 2001..Comparisons with the early bipolar disorder maintenance studies indicate that the methodologies of recent trials have evolved substantially...
- Rapid, continuous cycling and psychiatric co-morbidity in pediatric bipolar I disorderR L Findling
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5080, USA
Bipolar Disord 3:202-10. 2001..The primary purpose of this study was to describe the clinical presentation of bipolar I disorder (BP-I) as it occurs in children and adolescents and to assess whether the manifestations of BP-I were similar in both age groups...
- New data on the use of lithium, divalproate, and lamotrigine in rapid cycling bipolar disorderJ R Calabrese
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 11400 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Eur Psychiatry 20:92-5. 2005..In addition, lamotrigine has the potential to complement the spectrum of lithium and divalproate through its greater efficacy for depressive symptoms...
- Comorbid anxiety and substance use disorders associated with a lower use of mood stabilisers in patients with rapid cycling bipolar disorder: a descriptive analysis of the cross-sectional data of 566 patientsK Gao
Department of Psychiatry, Mood and Anxiety Clinic at Mood Disorders Program, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Clin Pract 64:336-44. 2010..To study mood stabiliser treatment in patients with bipolar disorder with or without anxiety disorders (ADs) and/or substance use disorders (SUDs)...
- A pilot study of topiramate as monotherapy in the treatment of acute maniaJ R Calabrese
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:340-2. 2001..The preliminary findings of this small series suggest that topiramate may be effective in acute mania. Double-blind controlled trials are now needed to further investigate the efficacy and safety of topiramate in bipolar disorder...
- General medical burden in bipolar disorder: findings from the LiTMUS comparative effectiveness trialD E Kemp
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 129:24-34. 2014..This study examined general medical illnesses and their association with clinical features of bipolar disorder...