- Binding of Rac1, Rnd1, and RhoD to a novel Rho GTPase interaction motif destabilizes dimerization of the plexin-B1 effector domain
Department of Physiology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 282:37215-24. 2007
..The model implies a multifunctional role for the GTPase-plexin interaction that includes conformational change and a localization of active receptors in the signaling mechanism...
- Structural basis of Rnd1 binding to plexin Rho GTPase binding domains (RBDs)
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 286:26093-106. 2011
..Plexin functions appear to be regulated by subfamily-specific mechanisms, some of which involve different Rho family GTPases...
- A two-state allosteric model for autoinhibition rationalizes WASP signal integration and targeting
Department of Biochemistry, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Mol Biol 338:271-85. 2004
..Our analysis suggests that, in general, simple modulation of a two-state equilibrium may determine several regulatory functions, allowing the generation of complex signaling behavior in vivo...
- 1H, 15N, 13C assignments for the activated form of the small Rho-GTPase Rac1
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Medical School, E642, 2109 Adelbert Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biomol NMR 36:51. 2006
- Backbone dynamics of the ribonuclease binase active site area using multinuclear ((15)N and (13)CO) NMR relaxation and computational molecular dynamics
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Biophysics Research Division, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1055, USA
Biochemistry 41:2655-66. 2002
..This work strongly argues for the use of several measures in the study of protein dynamics...
- 1H, 15N and 13C Resonance assignments and secondary structure determination reveal that the minimal Rac1 GTPase binding domain of plexin-B1 has a ubiquitin fold
J Biomol NMR 31:369-70. 2005
- When monomers are preferred: a strategy for the identification and disruption of weakly oligomerized proteins
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Structure 13:7-15. 2005
..The strategy is demonstrated for the Rac1 binding domain of plexin-B1. A monomeric variant is generated which preserves the Rac1 binding activity and the wild-type protein structure...
- Acceptable protein and solvent behavior in primary hydration shell simulations of hen lysozyme
Mehdi Bagheri Hamaneh
Biophys J 92:L49-51. 2007
..Thus, the primary hydration shell method should be useful in making larger systems accessible to extensive simulations...
- Crystallography: embracing conformational flexibility in proteins
Structure 11:735-6. 2003
- Insights into oncogenic mutations of plexin-B1 based on the solution structure of the Rho GTPase binding domain
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Structure 16:246-58. 2008
..Our study suggests that the oncogenic behavior of the mutants can be rationalized with reference to the structure of the RBD of plexin-B1...
- Importance of the CMAP correction to the CHARMM22 protein force field: dynamics of hen lysozyme
Biophys J 90:L36-8. 2006
..Thus, the C22/CMAP force field yields improved dynamical and structural properties of proteins in molecular dynamics simulations...