Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Adult use of cigars, little cigars, and cigarillos in Cuyahoga County, Ohio: a cross-sectional studyElaine A Borawski
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 12:669-73. 2010..Adult use of cigars, cigarillos, and little cigars has increased over the past two decades; however, little is known about the characteristics of the users...
- Neighborhood influences on the academic achievement of extremely low birth weight childrenLaura Andreias
Children s Hospital, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 35:275-83. 2010..To examine neighborhood effects on academic achievement of children with extremely low birth weight (ELBW <1000 g) and normal birth weight (NBW) controls...
- Taking be proud! Be responsible! To the suburbs: a replication studyElaine A Borawski
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 41:12-22. 2009..An important phase of HIV prevention research is replicating successful interventions with different groups and in different settings...
- The role of sequential and concurrent sexual relationships in the risk of sexually transmitted diseases among adolescentsStephanie S Kelley
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Adolesc Health 32:296-305. 2003....
- Parental monitoring, negotiated unsupervised time, and parental trust: the role of perceived parenting practices in adolescent health risk behaviorsElaine A Borawski
Center for Health Promotion Research, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:60-70. 2003..To compare two different parenting practices (parental monitoring and negotiated unsupervised time) and perceived parental trust in the reporting of health risk behaviors among adolescents...
- Effectiveness of abstinence-only intervention in middle school teensElaine A Borawski
Center for Health Promotion Research, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Health Behav 29:423-34. 2005..To examine effectiveness of abstinence-until-marriage curriculum on knowledge, beliefs, efficacy, intentions, and behavior...
- Outcomes in young adulthood for very-low-birth-weight infantsMaureen Hack
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA
N Engl J Med 346:149-57. 2002..Very-low-birth-weight infants (those weighing less than 1500 g) born during the initial years of neonatal intensive care have now reached young adulthood...
- Behavioral outcomes and evidence of psychopathology among very low birth weight infants at age 20 yearsMaureen Hack
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Pediatrics 114:932-40. 2004..We thus sought to examine gender-specific behavioral outcomes and evidence of psychopathology in a cohort of VLBW young adults at 20 years of age...
- Use of audio-enhanced personal digital assistants for school-based data collectionErika S Trapl
Center for Health Promotion Research, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:296-305. 2005..To review the different data collection options available to school-based researchers and to present the preliminary findings on the use of audio-enhanced personal digital assistants (APDA) for use in school-based data collection...
- Using PDAs in School-based Data Collection: A SupplementElaine Borawski; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information is also likely to be highly beneficial to other school-based researchers. ..
- TAKING BE PROUD! BE RESPONSIBLE! TO THE SUBURBSElaine Borawski; Fiscal Year: 2001..The study will provide valuable information with regard to replication and generalizability of the intervention, but also a better understanding of the underlying mechanisms that predict what adolescents think and do. ..
- Abstinence vs. Safe-Sex Education to Middle School TeensElaine Borawski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Multivariate analyses (path modeling, repeated measures component of HLM) will be utilized to compare the interventions to the comparison group and to each other, and to examine theoretical aspects of the behavioral change model. ..