Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Systemic immune activation in HIV infection is associated with decreased MDC responsiveness to TLR ligand and inability to activate naive CD4 T-cellsNicole L Yonkers
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University Center for AIDS Research, University Hospitals, Cleveland Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23884. 2011..Because TLR responsiveness may affect a host's response to virus, we examined TLR ligand induced Myeloid and Plasmacytoid DC (MDC and PDC) activation of naïve T-cells in HIV+ subjects...
- Baseline levels of soluble CD14 and CD16+56- natural killer cells are negatively associated with response to interferon/ribavirin therapy during HCV-HIV-1 coinfectionDonald D Anthony
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Infectious and Rheumatic Diseases, Case Western Reserve University, Center for AIDS Research, University Hospitals of Cleveland and VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Infect Dis 206:969-73. 2012..IL28B genotype was associated with therapy response but not sCD14 or CD16(+)56(-) NK frequency. Markers of innate immune activation predict poor host response to IFN-α-based HCV therapy during HCV-HIV coinfection...
- Lower peripheral blood CD14+ monocyte frequency and higher CD34+ progenitor cell frequency are associated with HBV vaccine induced response in HIV infected individualsD D Anthony
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Vaccine 29:3558-63. 2011..Additionally, GM-CSF augmented the preservation of peripheral blood MDSC, which may contribute to the lack of improved vaccine responses...
- Interferon-α is the primary plasma type-I IFN in HIV-1 infection and correlates with immune activation and disease markersGareth A D Hardy
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e56527. 2013..003). These studies identify IFNα derived from lymph nodes, rather than blood leukocytes, as a possible source of the IFN-I signature that contributes to immune activation in HIV-1 infection...
- Determinants of protection among HIV‐exposed seronegative persons: an overviewMichael M Lederman
Center for AIDS Research, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Infect Dis 202:S333-8. 2010....
- Immunity of neoantigen response in HCV, HIV, and HCV-HIVDONALD ANTHONY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal will be to characterize the formation of protective immunity in the HCV, HIV and HCV-HIV infected host, and provide insight for the development of new immunotherapeutic strategies for these chronic infections. ..
- DC-NK cell interaction in HCV and HCV-HIV infectionDONALD ANTHONY; Fiscal Year: 2006..HCV, HIV, and HCV-HIV infected subjects. ..
- Role of immature DC in host defense against HCVDONALD ANTHONY; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role of immature DC in host defense against HCVDonald D Anthony; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..