Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- The Crohn's disease protein, NOD2, requires RIP2 in order to induce ubiquitinylation of a novel site on NEMODerek W Abbott
Division of Gastrointestinal Pathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Biol 14:2217-27. 2004..NOD2 can both strongly activate and negatively attenuate NF-kB signaling. The biochemical mechanism for this dual function of NOD2 is unknown...
- A rapid method for determining protein kinase phosphorylation specificityJessica E Hutti
Division of Signal Transduction, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Methods 1:27-9. 2004..Here we describe a combinatorial peptide library method that allows rapid generation of phosphorylation motifs for serine/threonine kinases...
- Coordinated regulation of Toll-like receptor and NOD2 signaling by K63-linked polyubiquitin chainsDerek W Abbott
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Room 5123 Wolstein Research Building, Cleveland, OH 44106, and Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6012-25. 2007..These findings suggest a biochemical mechanism for the faulty cytokine balance seen in Crohn's disease...
- Phosphorylation of the tumor suppressor CYLD by the breast cancer oncogene IKKepsilon promotes cell transformationJessica E Hutti
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 34:461-72. 2009..Together, these observations define IKKepsilon and CYLD as an oncogene-tumor suppressor network that participates in tumorigenesis...
- NOD2 pathway activation by MDP or Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection involves the stable polyubiquitination of Rip2Yibin Yang
Department of Pathology, Case Western University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 282:36223-9. 2007..tuberculosis-induced Rip2 polyubiquitination appears MyD88-independent. Collectively, these data reveal that the NOD2 pathway is ubiquitin-regulated and that Rip2 employs a ubiquitin-dependent mechanism to achieve NF-kappaB activation...
- ITCH K63-ubiquitinates the NOD2 binding protein, RIP2, to influence inflammatory signaling pathwaysMingfang Tao
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Curr Biol 19:1255-63. 2009....
- Feedback inhibition of Akt signaling limits the growth of tumors lacking Tsc2Brendan D Manning
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 19:1773-8. 2005..However, Pten haploinsufficiency restores Akt signaling in these tumors and dramatically enhances their severity. This study demonstrates that attenuation of the PI3K-Akt pathway in tumors lacking TSC2 contributes to their benign nature...
- IkappaB kinase beta phosphorylates the K63 deubiquitinase A20 to cause feedback inhibition of the NF-kappaB pathwayJessica E Hutti
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7451-61. 2007..Phosphorylation of A20 by IKKbeta thus represents part of a novel feedback loop that regulates the duration of NF-kappaB signaling following activation of innate immune signaling pathways...
- Binding of pro-prion to filamin A disrupts cytoskeleton and correlates with poor prognosis in pancreatic cancerChaoyang Li
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2725-36. 2009..We propose that binding of pro-PrP to FLNa perturbs FLNa function, thus contributing to the aggressiveness of PDAC. Prevention of this interaction could provide an attractive target for therapeutic intervention in human PDAC...
- Inhibition of RIP2's tyrosine kinase activity limits NOD2-driven cytokine responsesJustine T Tigno-Aranjuez
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Genes Dev 24:2666-77. 2010....
- RIP2 kinase's function in Innate ImmunityDerek Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2007..This grant application aims to define the preferred peptide phosphorylation sites of RIP2, to map the phosphorylation site of TRAF6 and to identify the physiologic significance of RIP2's phosphorylation of TRAF6. ..
- Innate immune signal transduction specificity in inflammatory diseaseDerek W Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work aims to help determine the causes of inflammatory disease and aims to identify novel targets for pharmaceutical intervention in these debilitating disorders. ..
- Innate immune signal transduction specificity in inflammatory diseaseDerek W Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2011..This work aims to help determine the causes of inflammatory disease and aims to identify novel targets for pharmaceutical intervention in these debilitating disorders. ..