Brendan T Carroll
- Review of adjunctive glutamate antagonist therapy in the treatment of catatonic syndromesBrendan T Carroll
University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 19:406-12. 2007..Further study of glutamate antagonists in the treatment of catatonia is needed...
- The detection and measurement of catatoniaRob Kirkhart
Dr Kirkhart is with the Department of Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Chillicothe, Ohio, and Clinical Professor, Marietta College, Marietta, Ohio
Psychiatry (Edgmont) 4:52-6. 2007..This article will also review the characteristics such a scale should possess to produce a quality instrument to aid in the appropriate care of the catatonic patient...
- GABA(A) versus GABA(B) in catatoniaBrendan T Carroll
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 19:484. 2007
- Memantine in major depression with catatonic featuresCamilo Munoz
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 20:119-20. 2008
- Diagnosing subtypes of neuroleptic malignant syndrome: an introduction to the Lee-Carroll ScaleBrendan T Carroll
Ann Clin Psychiatry 20:47-8. 2008..Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) shares common features with catatonia and serotonin syndrome (SS). For instance, catatonia is a risk factor for the development of NMS...
- Catatonia associated with systemic lupus erythematosusNiraj Ahuja
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 61:450-1. 2007
- Possible anti-catatonic effects of minocycline in patients with schizophreniaNiraj Ahuja
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:968-9. 2007
- Amantadine and memantine in catatonic schizophreniaBrendan T Carroll
Ann Clin Psychiatry 18:133-4. 2006
- Is there a common neuronal basis for autism and catatonia?Dirk Marcel Dhossche
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 72:151-64. 2006..There is a great potential benefit in studying the relation between catatonia and autism in order to focus future research on subtype-specific causes and treatments. Future research avenues are outlined...
- Schizophrenia with catatonic features deserves further studyBrendan T Carroll
World J Biol Psychiatry 6:267-8. 2005
- Memantine and catatonic schizophreniaChristopher Thomas
Am J Psychiatry 162:626. 2005
- Catatonia is a risk factor for neuroleptic malignant syndromeBrendan T Carroll
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1722-3. 2004