Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Carolinas Medical Center
- Tissue-specific expression of ALA synthase-1 and heme oxygenase-1 and their expression in livers of rats chronically exposed to ethanolJianyu Zheng
Liver Biliary Pancreatic Center, Carolinas Medical Center, 1000 Blythe Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
FEBS Lett 582:1829-34. 2008..These results provide novel insights into the effects of chronic ethanol consumption on hepatic heme biosynthesis and porphyrias...
- Zinc mesoporphyrin induces rapid proteasomal degradation of hepatitis C nonstructural 5A protein in human hepatoma cellsWeihong Hou
Liver Biliary Pancreatic Center and the Liver, Digestive Disease and Metabolism Laboratory, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28232 2861, USA
Gastroenterology 138:1909-19. 2010..Our objectives were to elucidate the down-regulation of NS5A protein and HCV RNA replication by zinc mesoporphyrin (ZnMP) and the mechanism by which this process occurs...
- Lon peptidase 1 (LONP1)-dependent breakdown of mitochondrial 5-aminolevulinic acid synthase protein by heme in human liver cellsQing Tian
Liver, Digestive, and Metabolic Disorders Laboratory, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
J Biol Chem 286:26424-30. 2011..Therefore, our data support the existence of a conserved heme feedback regulatory mechanism that functions on the mature form of ALAS-1 protein through the activity of a mitochondrial proteolytic system...
- Differential regulation of human ALAS1 mRNA and protein levels by heme and cobalt protoporphyrinJianyu Zheng
Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 319:153-61. 2008..These results provide novel insights into the mechanisms of heme repressional effects on ALAS1 and provide a rationale for further investigation of CoPP as a therapeutic agent for acute porphyric syndromes...
- MicroRNA-196 represses Bach1 protein and hepatitis C virus gene expression in human hepatoma cells expressing hepatitis C viral proteinsWeihong Hou
Liver Biliary Pancreatic Center and the Liver, Digestive Diseases, and Metabolism Laboratory, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28232 2861, USA
Hepatology 51:1494-504. 2010..Moreover, there was no detectable effect of mutant miR-196 on Bach1 3'-UTR-dependent luciferase activity...
- Zinc mesoporphyrin induces rapid and marked degradation of the transcription factor Bach1 and up-regulates HO-1Weihong Hou
The Liver Biliary Pancreatic Center, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28232 2861, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:195-203. 2008..Our results indicate that ZnMP up-regulates HO-1 gene expression by markedly increasing Bach1 protein degradation in a proteasome-dependent manner...
- Reciprocal effects of micro-RNA-122 on expression of heme oxygenase-1 and hepatitis C virus genes in human hepatocytesYing Shan
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Gastroenterology 133:1166-74. 2007..This study was to assess whether a specific miR-122 antagomir down-regulates HCV protein replication and up-regulates HO-1...