Deborah E Polk
Affiliation: Carnegie Mellon University
- Hostility explains some of the discrepancy between daytime ambulatory and clinic blood pressuresDeborah E Polk
Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Psychol 21:202-6. 2002..These results suggest that the addition of hostility to CBP may improve its predictive power...
- Effects of smoking and genotype on the PSR index of periodontal disease in adults aged 18-49Deborah E Polk
Department of Dental Public Health and Information Management, University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 9:2839-50. 2012..Future studies should replicate these findings. These findings provide the foundation for the exploration of novel pathways by which periodontitis may occur...
- Psychosocial demands and ambulatory blood pressure: a field assessment approachThomas W Kamarck
Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, 4501 Sennott Square, 210 South Bouquet Street, 15260, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Physiol Behav 77:699-704. 2002..These results support the possibility that psychosocial factors may account for some of the unique predictive value associated with ABP, and they support the value of these field assessment methods...
- Heritable patterns of tooth decay in the permanent dentition: principal components and factor analysesJohn R Shaffer
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
BMC Oral Health 12:7. 2012..We used two methods to extract patterns of decay from surface-level caries data in order to generate novel phenotypes with which to explore the genetic regulation of caries...
- The incremental value of ambulatory blood pressure persists after controlling for methodological confounds: associations with carotid atherosclerosis in a healthy sampleThomas W Kamarck
Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Hypertens 20:1535-41. 2002..Ambulatory blood pressure assessments have been shown to be associated with subclinical and clinical endpoints even after controlling for the effects of clinic blood pressure...
- Genome-wide association scan of dental caries in the permanent dentitionXiaojing Wang
Center for Craniofacial and Dental Genetics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 15219, USA
BMC Oral Health 12:57. 2012..abstract:..
- Socioeconomic factors in adolescents' oral health: are they mediated by oral hygiene behaviors or preventive interventions?Deborah E Polk
University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 38:1-9. 2010..e., DMFT) in an adolescent sample from Pennsylvania and to determine whether differences in oral hygiene behaviors and preventive interventions account for this disparity...
- Barriers to implementing evidence-based clinical guidelines: a survey of early adoptersHeiko Spallek
Center for Dental Informatics, Department of Dental Public Health and Information Management, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Evid Based Dent Pract 10:195-206. 2010..The purpose of this study was to identify barriers that early-adopting dentists perceive as common and challenging when implementing recommendations from evidence-based (EB) clinical guidelines...