J David Creswell
Affiliation: Carnegie Mellon University
- Brief mindfulness meditation training alters psychological and neuroendocrine responses to social evaluative stressJ David Creswell
Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 44:1-12. 2014..A second objective evaluates whether pre-existing levels of dispositional mindfulness moderate the effects of brief mindfulness meditation training on stress reactivity...
- Dispositional mindfulness co-varies with smaller amygdala and caudate volumes in community adultsAdrienne A Taren
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e64574. 2013..Such volumetric differences may help explain why mindful individuals have reduced stress reactivity, and suggest new candidate structural neurobiological pathways linking mindfulness with mental and physical health outcomes...
- Neural reactivation links unconscious thought to decision-making performanceJohn David Creswell
Department of Psychology and Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 8:863-9. 2013..These results provide initial evidence for post-encoding unconscious neural reactivation in facilitating decision making. ..
- Self-affirmation improves problem-solving under stressJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e62593. 2013..This research suggests a novel means for boosting problem-solving under stress and may have important implications for understanding how self-affirmation boosts academic achievement in school settings...
- The effect of a primary sexual reward manipulation on cortisol responses to psychosocial stress in menJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Psychosom Med 75:397-403. 2013....
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction training reduces loneliness and pro-inflammatory gene expression in older adults: a small randomized controlled trialJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology and Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
Brain Behav Immun 26:1095-101. 2012..39, p = .075). This work provides an initial indication that MBSR may be a novel treatment approach for reducing loneliness and related pro-inflammatory gene expression in older adults...
- Mindfulness meditation training effects on CD4+ T lymphocytes in HIV-1 infected adults: a small randomized controlled trialJ David Creswell
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, University of California, Los Angeles, 300 Medical Plaza, Suite 3109, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brain Behav Immun 23:184-8. 2009..These findings provide an initial indication that mindfulness meditation training can buffer CD4+ T lymphocyte declines in HIV-1 infected adults. Clinical Trials Registration: clinicaltrials.gov, Identifier: NCT00600561...
- Dispositional mindfulness and depressive symptomatology: correlations with limbic and self-referential neural activity during restBaldwin M Way
Department of Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Emotion 10:12-24. 2010....
- Does self-affirmation, cognitive processing, or discovery of meaning explain cancer-related health benefits of expressive writing?J David Creswell
University of California, Department of Psychology, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 33:238-50. 2007....
- Trait mindfulness modulates neuroendocrine and affective responses to social evaluative threatKirk Warren Brown
Department of Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284 2018, United States
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:2037-41. 2012..The present study investigated the role of trait mindfulness in buffering cortisol and affective responses to a social evaluative stress challenge versus a control task...
- Psychological vulnerability and stress: the effects of self-affirmation on sympathetic nervous system responses to naturalistic stressorsDavid K Sherman
Department of Psychology, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9660, USA
Health Psychol 28:554-62. 2009..The present study examined whether self-affirmation would buffer cumulative stress responses to an ongoing academic stressor...
- Impact of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction training on intrinsic brain connectivityLisa A Kilpatrick
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neuroimage 56:290-8. 2011....
- Neural correlates of dispositional mindfulness during affect labelingJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychosom Med 69:560-5. 2007..Converging evidence from the mindfulness and neuroscience literature suggests that labeling affect may be one mechanism for these effects...
- Affirmation of personal values buffers neuroendocrine and psychological stress responsesJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Psychol Sci 16:846-51. 2005..These findings suggest that reflecting on personal values can keep neuroendocrine and psychological responses to stress at low levels. Implications for research on the self, stress processes, health, and interventions are discussed...
- To assess, to control, to exclude: effects of biobehavioral factors on circulating inflammatory markersMary Frances O'Connor
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brain Behav Immun 23:887-97. 2009..These recommendations provide a framework for observational and intervention studies investigating linkages between psychosocial and behavioral factors and inflammation...