Philip C Carling
- Cruise ship environmental hygiene and the risk of norovirus infection outbreaks: an objective assessment of 56 vessels over 3 yearsPhilip C Carling
Carney Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02124, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:1312-7. 2009..Norovirus infection outbreaks (NoVOs) occur frequently in closed populations, such as cruise ship passengers. Environmental contamination is believed to play an important role in NoVO propagation...
- Improving environmental hygiene in 27 intensive care units to decrease multidrug-resistant bacterial transmissionPhilip C Carling
Department of Medicine PCC, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 38:1054-9. 2010....
- Improving cleaning of the environment surrounding patients in 36 acute care hospitalsPhilip C Carling
Infectious Diseases Section, Caritas Carney Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02124, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:1035-41. 2008....
- Evaluating hygienic cleaning in health care settings: what you do not know can harm your patientsPhilip C Carling
Infectious Diseases Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:S41-50. 2010....
- Dangerous cows: an analysis of disinfection cleaning of computer keyboards on wheelsJohn Leander Po
Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Infect Control 37:778-80. 2009..Following a series of educational and programmatic interventions, we were able to improve the thoroughness of cleaning to 100%...
- An evaluation of patient area cleaning in 3 hospitals using a novel targeting methodologyPhilip C Carling
Department of Hospital Epidemiology, Carney Hospital, Boston 02124, USA
Am J Infect Control 34:513-9. 2006..Using a novel methodology, we developed a means to monitor directly such activities...
- Improved cleaning of patient rooms using a new targeting methodPhilip C Carling
Department of Hospital Epidemiology, Carney Hospital, Boston, MA 02124, USA
Clin Infect Dis 42:385-8. 2006..Educational interventions were implemented, leading to sustained improvement in cleaning of all objects and a >2-fold improvement in cleaning of surfaces previously cleaned <85% of the time (P<or=.001)...