K V Arom
Affiliation: Cardiac Surgical Associates
- Decision-making in the choice of heart valve for replacement in patients aged 60-70 years: twenty-year follow up of the St. Jude Medical aortic valve prosthesisRobert W Emery
Cardiac Surgical Associates, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 11:S37-44. 2002..To gather information to help decision-making, the 20-year experience of aortic valve replacement (AVR) with the St. Jude Medical (SJM) valve by the surgeons of Cardiac Surgical Associates, P.A., was reviewed...
- Cost-effectiveness of minimally invasive coronary artery bypass surgeryK V Arom
Minneapolis Heart Institute, Minnesota 55407, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 68:1562-6. 1999..This includes minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass (MIDCAB) and full sternotomy off-pump (OPCAB) methods. These two approaches should be evaluated for financial and clinical appropriateness...
- Safety and efficacy of off-pump coronary artery bypass graftingK V Arom
Cardiac Surgical Associates, PA, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55407, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:704-10. 2000..We evaluated the application of the off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) procedure relative to safety and efficiency as measured by operative mortality postoperative complications and longitudinal outcome...
- OPCAB surgery: a critical review of two different categories of pre-operative ejection fractionK V Arom
John Nasseff Heart Hospital, and Minneapolis Heart Institute, St Paul and Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:533-7. 2001....
- Technique of using the St. Jude aortic connector with the radial arteryKit V Arom
Bangkok Heart Institute, Bangkok, Thailand
Ann Thorac Surg 76:633-4. 2003..We present a technique for the use of St. Jude Aortic Connector System with the radial artery. This technique will allow surgeons, who prefer the radial artery to the vein, to use this approach whenever feasible...
- Surgical steps toward complete revascularization in off-pump coronary bypassKit V Arom
The John Nasseff Heart Hospital and Minneapolis Heart Institute Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 10:201-5. 2002..Using a commercially available suction stabilization device and the surgical and anesthetic techniques described herein, off-pump coronary revascularization was accomplished with results comparable to the on-pump approach...
- Is low ejection fraction safe for off-pump coronary bypass operation?K V Arom
Cardiac Surgical Associates, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55407, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 70:1021-5. 2000....
- The St. Jude Medical cardiac valve prosthesis: a 25-year experience with single valve replacementRobert W Emery
Cardiac Surgical Associates, PA, St Paul, Minnesota 55114, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 79:776-82; discussion 782-3. 2005..Jude Medical heart valve. Of 2,982 aortic (AVR) and 1,498 mitral valve replacements (MVR), concomitant coronary artery bypass grafting was performed on 42% and 33%, respectively...
- Five-year follow up of the ATS mechanical heart valveRobert W Emery
Cardiac Surgical Associates, P A, St Paul, MN 55114, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 13:231-8. 2004..The study aim was to determine the incidence of valve-related events in up to five years of follow up after valve implantation, and to assess patient disturbance from valve noise...
- Replacement of the aortic valve in patients under 50 years of age: long-term follow-up of the St. Jude Medical prosthesisRobert W Emery
Cardiac Surgical Associates, PA, Minneapolis St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1815-9. 2003....
- The initial United States experience with the ATS mechanical cardiac valve prosthesisR W Emery
Cardiac Surgical Associates, P A, John Nasseff Heart Hospital, St Paul, MN, USA
Heart Surg Forum 4:346-52; discussion 352-3. 2001..This study documented the ATS Medical prosthesis to be a valuable addition to the surgeon's armamentarium in the treatment of cardiac valvular disease...
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in open-heart surgery patients: comparison of cefamandole and cefuroximeC D Peterson
Department of Pharmacy, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Drug Intell Clin Pharm 21:728-32. 1987..epidermidis followed by S. aureus. Cefuroxime was found to be as effective as cefamandole and considerably less expensive in preventing postoperative wound infections in patients undergoing open-heart surgery...