Mary S Wheeler
Affiliation: Capital Hospice
- Interviews with patients who have cancer and their family members provide insight for cliniciansMary S Wheeler
Capital Hospice, Fairfax, Virginia 22031, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 23:642-6. 2005..Clinicians are urged to read these case reports to "hear" the importance of effective pain management to individuals and act appropriately...
- Pain assessment and management in the patient with mild to moderate cognitive impairmentMary S Wheeler
Capital Hospice, Falls Church, VA 22042, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 24:354-9; quiz 360-1. 2006..Research shows that many patients with mild to moderate cognitive impairment retain the ability to report pain. All patients should be given the opportunity to self-report their pain using valid and reliable tools...
- Palliative care is more than pain managementMary S Wheeler
The Hospices of the National Capital Region, 9300 Lee Highway, Suite 500, Fairfax, VA 22031, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 22:250-5. 2004
- Mongolia: establishing a national palliative care programOdontuya Davaasuren
Health Science University of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
J Pain Symptom Manage 33:568-72. 2007....
- Jordan palliative care initiative: a WHO Demonstration ProjectJan Stjernsward
Cancer Control and Palliative Care, World Health Organization, World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Palliative Cancer Care, Oxford, UK
J Pain Symptom Manage 33:628-33. 2007..The achieved changes and the unusually rapid and effective institutionalization of palliative care serve as a model for other countries in the Middle East region as to what should be done and how...