Affiliation: Cancer Prevention Program
- The thiazolidinediones rosiglitazone and pioglitazone and the risk of coronary heart disease: a retrospective cohort study using a US health insurance databaseNajat Ziyadeh
i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Clin Ther 31:2665-77. 2009..Although recent meta-analyses suggest there is an increased risk of myocardial infarction (MI) among rosiglitazone users, these findings were not supported by data from other studies...
- Coronary heart disease outcomes in patients receiving antidiabetic agentsAndrew T McAfee
i3 Drug Safety, Newton, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:711-25. 2007..There is conflicting evidence on the reduction of cardiovascular risk in diabetic patients treated with oral antidiabetic agents...
- A matched cohort study of the risk of cancer in users of becaplerminNajat Ziyadeh
Ingenix, i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 24:31-9. 2011..8 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.6-12.8). The authors aimed to further investigate any association between becaplermin use and the occurrence of cancer by following a large cohort of patients in a clinical practice setting...
- Incidence of allergic reactions associated with antibacterial use in a large, managed care organisationCatherine B Johannes
i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Drug Saf 30:705-13. 2007..Data on the incidence of serious allergic reactions to fluoroquinolone antibacterials are mainly derived from spontaneous reports that cannot be used to accurately estimate incidence...
- Linkage of routinely collected oncology clinical data with health insurance claims data--an example with aromatase inhibitors, tamoxifen, and all-cause mortalityDavid D Dore
Departments of Health Services, Policy and Practice and Epidemiology, Program in Public Health, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:29-36. 2012..Our objective was to evaluate routinely collected cancer clinical data for adjustment of confounding using an example evaluation of mortality associated with aromatase inhibitors and tamoxifen...