Andrew T McAfee
Affiliation: Cancer Prevention Program
- Empirically derived subgroups in rheumatoid arthritis: association with single-nucleotide polymorphisms on chromosome 6Marsha A Wilcox
i3 Drug Safety, 950 Winter Street, Suite 3800, Waltham, Massachusetts 02431, USA
BMC Proc 1:S20. 2007..It will be important to replicate the subgroup structure and the association findings in an independent sample...
- The comparative safety of rosuvastatin: a retrospective matched cohort study in over 48,000 initiators of statin therapyAndrew T McAfee
i3 Drug Safety, Newton, MA 02466, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:444-53. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare incidence rates of hospitalization associated with rhabdomyolysis, myopathy, renal, or hepatic dysfunction, and of in-hospital death, between initiators of rosuvastatin and other statins...
- The incidence of first provoked and unprovoked seizure in pediatric patients with and without psychiatric diagnosesAndrew T McAfee
i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Epilepsia 48:1075-82. 2007..To estimate the rate of new-onset afebrile provoked and unprovoked seizure in a general pediatric population and subgroups of patients with and without psychiatric diagnoses other than attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Coronary heart disease outcomes in patients receiving antidiabetic agentsAndrew T McAfee
i3 Drug Safety, Newton, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:711-25. 2007..There is conflicting evidence on the reduction of cardiovascular risk in diabetic patients treated with oral antidiabetic agents...
- The thiazolidinediones rosiglitazone and pioglitazone and the risk of coronary heart disease: a retrospective cohort study using a US health insurance databaseNajat Ziyadeh
i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Clin Ther 31:2665-77. 2009..Although recent meta-analyses suggest there is an increased risk of myocardial infarction (MI) among rosiglitazone users, these findings were not supported by data from other studies...
- A cohort study of the risk of seizures in a pediatric population treated with atomoxetine or stimulant medicationsAndrew T McAfee
i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 22:386-93. 2013..This retrospective cohort analysis evaluated risk of seizures among pediatric patients naïve to ADHD medication therapy, with exposure to atomoxetine relative to stimulant medications...
- Risk of developing diabetes and dyslipidemia among adolescents with bipolar disorder or schizophreniaCheryl Enger
Epidemiology, OptumInsight formerly Ingenix, i3 Drug Safety, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 25:3-11. 2013..This study was designed to characterize these risks and compare them among adolescents in the general population...
- Hepatobiliary laboratory abnormalities among patients with chronic or persistent immune thrombocytopenia (ITP)Cheryl Enger
i3 Drug Safety, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Ann Hepatol 10:188-95. 2011..HBLAs were significantly associated with male gender, liver disease, and several other comorbidities, thus, distinguishing drug-induced liver injury in this population is clinically challenging...
- The effect of pharmacotherapy for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder on risk of seizures in pediatric patients as assessed in an insurance claims databaseAndrew T McAfee
1i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Drug Saf 3:123-31. 2008..To estimate the rate of new-onset seizure in ADHD patients in relation to ADHD pharmacotherapy...
- Pharmacoepidemiology safety study of fibrate and statin concomitant therapyCheryl Enger
Epidemiology, i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:1594-601. 2010..The risk for pancreatitis was higher in patients treated with fenofibrate, whether in combination with statins or alone...
- Comorbidities in patients with persistent or chronic immune thrombocytopeniaCheryl Enger
i3 Drug Safety, 5430 Data Court, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Int J Hematol 92:289-95. 2010..Patients with persistent or chronic ITP are at increased risk for several comorbidities including hematologic malignancies, relative to a matched comparison cohort...
- Studies of diabetes, thiazolidinediones, and coronary heart diseaseAlexander M Walker
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1313-4; author reply 1314-6. 2007
- Rosuvastatin safety: a comprehensive, international pharmacoepidemiology programmeSaga Johansson
AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:454-61. 2006..This article is an overview of the rationale and methodology of the rosuvastatin pharmacoepidemiology programme...
- The contribution of the subjective component of the Canadian Pulmonary Embolism Score to the overall score in emergency department patientsChristopher Kabrhel
Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Acad Emerg Med 12:915-20. 2005..However, research suggests that subjective gestalt performs similarly to the CPES, and the influence of the subjective question on the predictive value of the CPES is not clear...