Affiliation: Cambridge Health Alliance
- Structural and organizational characteristics associated with performance of essential public health services in small jurisdictions: findings from a statewide study in MassachusettsJusteen Hyde
Institute for Community Health, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 18:585-94. 2012....
- The structure and organization of local and state public health agencies in the U.S.: a systematic reviewJusteen K Hyde
Institute for Community Health and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:S29-41. 2012..It includes an overview of research examining the influence of organizational characteristics on public health performance and health status and a summary of the strengths and gaps of the literature to date...
- Group-level interventions for persons living with HIV: a catalyst for individual changeJusteen Hyde
Health Services and Community Health Research Program of Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 17:53-65. 2005..Participants talked highly of their experiences in group-level interventions, suggesting that they should be considered an important prevention strategy for people living with HIV...
- Better prepared but spread too thin: the impact of emergency preparedness funding on local public healthJusteen Hyde
Justeen Hyde is Senior Scientist, Institute for Community Health, Cambridge, Mass, USA
Disaster Manag Response 4:106-13. 2006..Challenges include budget constraints, staffing shortages, and competing public responsibilities. Policy recommendations for improving planning for emergency response at the local level are provided...
- Phoenix Rising: use of a participatory approach to evaluate a federally funded HIV, hepatitis and substance abuse prevention programEileen Dryden
Institute for Community Health, 163 Gore Street, Cambridge, MA 02141, USA
Eval Program Plann 33:386-93. 2010..This approach has helped to build the capacity of a program and stimulated new possibilities for learning, growing, and ultimately improving the services offered to those the program strives to reach...
- From home to street: understanding young people's transitions into homelessnessJusteen Hyde
Division of Research on Children, Youth and Families, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 6430 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 1500, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
J Adolesc 28:171-83. 2005..The importance of service providers recognizing young people's agency is discussed...
- Gender differences in HIV risk behaviors among young injectors and their social network membersSusanne B Montgomery
School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, California, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 28:453-75. 2002..However, their propensity to practice protective behaviors may provide an opening for interventions to reduce their HIV risk and that of their social network members...
- Needle-sharing among young IV drug users and their social network members: The influence of the injection partner's characteristics on HIV risk behaviorJennifer B Unger
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, USA
Addict Behav 31:1607-18. 2006..Public health interventions are needed to help young IVDUs to avoid needle-sharing with intimate partners...
- Foster Care Youth: The Consequences of Abuse and NeglectJusteen Hyde; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Justeen Hyde to examine the consequences of child abuse and neglect among adolescents in the foster care system in Los ..